glovebox spring

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm pulling the pedal box on my coupe tonight so I'll try to take some measurements. I pulled the glove box already and I believe that I have the spring in a ziplock.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
mmhhh.... I must be missing the spring. My E3 has one and I thought it was strange the E9 glovebox slammed open. Where does it install?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Took lots of pics. Post them later. This is a good example of "a picture is worth 1000 words".

Overall length: 62mm
Cool length: 35mm
Long hook length: 20mm
Short hook length: 5mm
Outer Diameter: 12mm
Material Thickness: 1mm
Coil count: 29mm
Coil Spacing: 0mm

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
As promised...

27318266044_aaec0ccfc9_c.jpg

27930481235_76b3c6aed1_c.jpg

27896133746_5b1337b8bc_c.jpg

27896133446_e55189ef79_c.jpg

27829015582_6dbb2198b8_c.jpg

27651921110_06f3d649a5_c.jpg

27829020022_99972dfcfe_c.jpg

coupedownunder

Reaction score
now have picture from a kind and caring member Simon here in Aussie, so armed with that and Markos's thorough description (hardly need the pic after that "word picture") I can go about finding a spring ... I can get one made,(again thanks Simon for guiding me to Marsh's springs) $100...bit much for one little spring... if enough people wanted them we could get heaps made as the price only alters slightly once the initial "master ' is made ...

Any interest let me know

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
now have picture from a kind and caring member Simon here in Aussie, so armed with that and Markos's thorough description (hardly need the pic after that "word picture") I can go about finding a spring ... I can get one made,(again thanks Simon for guiding me to Marsh's springs) $100...bit much for one little spring... if enough people wanted them we could get heaps made as the price only alters slightly once the initial "master ' is made ...

Any interest let me know

Mark, there should be a generic one that does the job...last one I got was $2 .If you get stuck I will try and source one in Perth .

coupedownunder

Reaction score
thank you Markos for the great pictures and help ... thank you also Simon for your assistance.... Im going down to Bunnings (hardware) as they have extension springs listed in a similar size :lol:

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Glove Box Spring

Hi; After doing a little research on Real Oem I found that the spring is used on a few different BMW models including a 1970 2500 sedan. I called a source and he shipped one to me today. I should hope to have it by Sat.
Let me know where I should ship it.
Thanks
Harry

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi; After doing a little research on Real Oem I found that the spring is used on a few different BMW models including a 1970 2500 sedan. I called a source and he shipped one to me today. I should hope to have it by Sat.
Let me know where I should ship it.
Thanks
Harry

It's annoying that realoem lists parts as ended when they are clearly still available from other vendors.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I found this one image from HBChris but I cannot tell where the upper connection is. I have a tab under the dash with a hole in it and set it there, seems a stretch. Perhaps correct.

1609706895867.png

bmwpaul

Reaction score
Hi I’ve just stripped my glovebox and your correct it goes onto a tab, I had a job to remove mine it was stretched to extreme when box is open.