Good home for CSI/CSL in the UK, can anyone help?

cramsden

Reaction score
I really want to get my paws on on a CSi in the UK, does anyone have any ideas or cars for sale?

Roland Grant

Reaction score
CSi's in The UK

There are a couple on UK E - bay right now. On the basis of this board's advice namely buying the best you can afford (to avoid disproportionate repair and restoration costs) the silver CSi looks to be the best, certianly in terms of originality. I make no comment on the price, however.

Item number: 270179097176

Item number: 200163244250

bweston

Reaction score
1974 3.0 CSI RHD Might be For Sale in UK

I have a 1974 3.0 CSI in the UK. It is black with a black leather interior and has been in storage since 1989 but kept in constant running order, serviced and MOT'ed and in a zero humidity environment in a professional storage facility. It has a little over 30,000 miles if I recall correctly. I believe I am the third owner and bought the car in 1988 in London. I had it restored at that point (repaint, new leather interior, key mechanicals) and the most recent work last year was carried out by Jaymic (engine bottom end and a general tidying up). The last time I drove it extensively was in 2001 and it ran and drove great except for trying to find leaded petrol which is why I had the engine work done at Jaymic (new valve seats). I have all records since I bought it including the owners certificate from Mobile Tradition and I would rate it in "good running order", not concours but a solid, drivable car with few issues as when there is one, I get it fixed.

I have never thought about selling it but I liked your subject line about a "good home"...got me thinking that maybe after almost 20 years of believing I would be transfered back to the UK and that I could drive it again was unlikely. Being RHD it is not much use here in the States unless I get a job as a rural mailman. I don't really have a price in mind but if you can demonstrate that you would indeed give it a good home, we can work something realistic out. I have about 20,000 pounds in the car in direct costs (apart from the 25,000 pounds in storage over the years) but if anyone had any views on where this should be priced in the current UK market, maybe we will hear from them through this forum.

No pics but I can arrange for you to see, inspect and drive the car through the gentleman who takes care of it at the storage facility near Stanstead Airport. It just passed its MOT and was detailed last month.

If you want to go offline, I can be reached at [email protected] for more details if the car is of interest to you or others in the forum. If I do sell this car in England, I will be looking for something comparable in LHD to replace it here in New York and would dedicate the proceeds to that. This site and forum looks like a great place to do so.

Thanks and will look forward to hearing from you and perhaps others about this car.