Good source(s) for rubber seals

aguirola

Reaction score
I need a new trunk seal and most likely the door seals if not the remainder.
The hood seal has to go also, as well as the firewall one.

Can someone recommend a good source?
Thank you.

Regards, Alberto

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I purchased all the seals from the dealer. They were within 10$ of all the usual places and there was no shipping. Give your local dealer a shot, they may surprise you.

That said, be prepared for sticker shock. The door seals are crazy expensive.

rb1971

Reaction score
I purchased from the dealer and they were about 25% less than the 3rd party providers (which I had already purchased and then had to return).

RonP

Reaction score
I just bought a trunk seal from the dealer and had to take it off because I couldn't get the trunk shut. They seem to be double the size as the original. Never had the problem before.

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good source?
Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

I use a combination of W&N and the dealership. Dealership only works if you can get a good discount on the retail price. It's worth trying. I just went to my local dealership and showed prices from other independent sources. After discount it was still a bit more than getbmwparts.com for ex. but no shipping and my order was ready for pick up after 2 days.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Doesn't W&N get these same parts from BMW? At least Jaymic codes theirs as NOS vs. their own generic replacement.

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Doesn't W&N get these same parts from BMW? At least Jaymic codes theirs as NOS vs. their own generic replacement.
I'm not sure where W&N source their parts from. They are labelled BMW and could be sourced from the actual parts manufacturers, as far as I know. Their prices are generally high for us because of the exchange rate but can be pretty good when they run specials.
I bought the trunk, front-to-rear window and rear hood seals from them when on specials.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Haven't done it yet. I installed a seal I bought from someone here that turned out to be probably 20 years old and the bottom half fell apart. The upper part is in along with the thick part at base of windshield though and door closing isn't bad. Any seal you buy will be BMW.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Haven't done it yet. I installed a seal I bought from someone here that turned out to be probably 20 years old and the bottom half fell apart. The upper part is in along with the thick part at base of windshield though and door closing isn't bad. Any seal you buy will be BMW.

Any new door seals (factory or aftermarket) will close hard till the rubber takes a set…. which is an absolute heart-ache for body men because you’ve got unknowing customers bitching. But if you’ve got seals that are just made too large (new supplier, new molds, harder rubber or whatever) the doors are always going to close hard which seems to be what’s going on now with people with recent paint jobs. My seals are in poor condition so I’m babying them along for now but that doesn’t leave me with any options for a future paint job. I think as a group we should lobby BMW to rework them so they fit better ----- they probably don’t even realize there’s a problem. Has anything like that ever been attempted by this group, I’m just curious because I’m still a relatively new member here ? ~ John Buchtenkirch