Got my New Nardi Wheel, and LOVE it. Thanks for all your help!

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just got my new Nardi Wheel, and couldn't be happier. I searched all available options, and feel that not only did I get a great deal, but had a terrific buying experience.

A huge shout out to Crowders! Here is the steering wheel I purchased: Nardi Steering Wheel - Classic - 390mm (15.35 inches) - Wood with Polished Spokes - Part # 5061.39.3000.

The wheel itself was only $343 and the adapter only $103. I also got a BMW Horn button for $140, which honestly seems spendy for such a minor piece, but all told the total was only $604 including shipping. This is almost a $100 savings over some alternatives I have seen elsewhere. Crowders is both on Amazon and eBay and they have excellent reviews, and I can see why.

The buying experience was off the charts great, and I say this with some experience running my own online store, www.SCOTTEVEST.com, which by the way we were featured on ABC's Good Morning America today (yea!!). Crowders promptly answers all my questions, and there were many, and I even got a call from the owner of the company, Jimmy Crowder, to help me.

As a fairly new and a VERY enthusiastic coupe owner, I want to thank everyone who helped me decide on which wheel to get. I really appreciate everyone on this forum. You guys ROCK!

I will post some pictures of the wheel and horn button shortly if you would like to see it. Although I was warned that buying from another source could be an Asian counterfeit, it is clear that this is the real deal, and Crowders is an authorized dealer. Let me know if you want me to post some pictures.

I am posting my experience here since the original thread is now closed and was accidentally posted in the wrong area. I thought about posting this in the review of vendors, but after further thought since it is not just about a review of a particular vendor, but in response to a number of my questions about which wheel to get and why, etc., I thought it belonged here. Let me know if you disagree and I will move it if I can.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I look forward to eating lots of turkey tonight, and had a great time skiing on Mt. Baldy this am, in my backyard here in Sun Valley, Idaho.

Sincerely,

Scott

61porsche

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!

First, thanks. We all have so much to be thankful for. Take a moment, pls.

In the spirit of the most interesting man in the world as it relates to the most interesting BMW in the world ( E9).... drive my friends.. and drive well.

Scott,

Sounds like you're happy with the Nardi. Post a pic, curious to see the wood color.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice wheel no doubt. I love the look of a Nardi. Hey Scott, how about designing a garment that takes the whole E-9 tool kit? Us Canadian have long since eaten our Thanksgiving Turkey, as the harvest comes in a little earlier up here. Wish I could say I have skied already, but bet that Doug in Alberta has.

Have a great Holiday weekend fellow E9 enthusiasts.

Last edited:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

Great news on both fronts. Glad you have finally got your dream steering wheel and that you're totally satisfied with your great Crowders' buying experience . This is the best form of advertising there is for a company...'word of mouth'. I know where I'll take my business if I were to ever look for a Nardi again. Hope your business takes off with the Good Morning America promo. Again, congratulations!

Last edited:

M5dCS

Reaction score
congrats on the Nardi

Glad you got the wheel you wanted, but I'm jealous, our snow here at McCall is melting rapidly and it's raining, can't wait for Brundage Mtn. to open so I can ride some powder. Hope all of you had a really good Thanksgiving Day. Regards, Leroy

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
"Great Scott"!!! :lol: The steering wheel looks fabulous. 2 horn buttons...which one are you going to use?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice Nardi! I toyed with the idea of a wooden steering wheel when I got the car and my car designer brother in law (Ghia/Ford/GM) discouraged me. My car is the vinyl plastic skew so presumably it would clash...

Someday I would like to borrow a Nardi for 5 minutes here in the Bay area and see how it looks installed. Will brew an espresso with cardamom for the donor to sip while I try the wheel.

Scott, great site, I am tempted by the 22 pocket vest. I would put some coins in each pocket at the airport and just watch the faces of the folks around while they make me go 21 times back through the metal detectors. Just kidding...

Happy Thanksgivings to all! Yesterday I was driving the E36 on the empty highway and reflecting on what a nice state we have. Even nicer when the highway is empty.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, very nice wheel. My car came with a Petri (and also the original bus wheel) and I'm not crazy about it but its just like the one the CSL's had (or an option?)so I think I'm supposed to like it.

I've been thinking about a Nardi for a while but your purchase might put me over the edge. As long as you're sharing the invoice, I hope you don't mind me asking. The wheel lists on the website for $376.99 but your invoice is for $342.72. Is there a special deal going on?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Price

I don't care for the Petri either. I love the look of the wood Nardi. Regarding the price I am not sure. Please search on eBay and Amazon under crowders as well and maybe that's where a lower prices. Or just email them and say that you heard about this on this forum and give them a link and I am certain that they will match the price. Let me know if u have anymore questions or need the email address

tmason

Reaction score
Hi Luis
If you are interested lets switch wheels because I'm interested in the Petri?
PS It's not a bus wheel : - )

decampos

Reaction score
Just my 2 pence on my experience with the Nardi, though I think it's the most attractive aftermarket wheel for an E9, the shiny metal sure does reflect the sunlight into my face. Can imagine it's a bigger problem in sunnier climates. Or maybe it's just me.

nardi.jpg

Scott, very nice wheel. My car came with a Petri (and also the original bus wheel) and I'm not crazy about it but its just like the one the CSL's had (or an option?)so I think I'm supposed to like it.

I've been thinking about a Nardi for a while but your purchase might put me over the edge. As long as you're sharing the invoice, I hope you don't mind me asking. The wheel lists on the website for $376.99 but your invoice is for $342.72. Is there a special deal going on?