Gratitude & Reflection

SkiFast

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Site Donor
Reaction score
There is something special about this group. It uniquely canvases to landscape of wealth, experience and age. And yet, in that spectrum, I see a unified field of connectedness; people helping others, sharing time, giving knowledge, offering affordable parts (often free) to help others in their quests for an ideal car. Sure, there are some attempting to maximize their return, but most I see are working in the spirit of the ‘old school’ garage, in it for the joy of seeing someone else’s dream come true. The gift of sharing is one of man’s (woman’s) highest callings, it’s an act of service beyond oneself. If Burning Man had a car forum, this would be it; sharing gifts with a kaleidoscope of unique personalities.

In the last two months I’ve devoured years of experience from those of you gracious enough to share. I love your patience, your kindness in understanding another plight, and your compassion ostensibly baked into intelligent posts (not the attacking I frequently witness elsewhere). And when confrontation/varying views do occur, I see mature folks willing to apologize and attempt to clean up the mess. In short, this feels like a safe container to ask dumb or obvious questions.

Its rare that a group can get along that is so polarized. You have the purest (as it rolled off the factory floor) to the resto-mods, to the Electric Movement. That we can speak our truth and not be verbally penalized. That we are mature enough to take opinions that fly contrary to our own views. Each person has their own path to walk, or car they wish to drive. May I have the grace to appreciate the position of others and the mercy for those steeped in their beliefs.

Thank you all for your gifts of knowledge & sharing, and unique views & personalities. For me, it will take a village to get my car on the street. I think I landed in that perfect village –

Bryce

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I completely agree with those sentiments and share them wholeheartedly. I could not have completed my mini-restoration without the kindness, patience and generosity of this group, and for that I am forever in this group's debt. Thanks. Very well said.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
When I became a member many years ago, even after owning many BMW s. I new very little about the mechanics involved in automobiles. I will say that I knew more about knowing how to solve issues but not what part was what. I decided to help members by locating parts they needed for their E9 coupes and also their E3 sedans. I think that I spent hundreds of hours searching E28 rear window motors to use as a upgrade on the coupe. I think I bought over 50 motors and except for one member, everyone who purchased a set were very satisfied. I love the challenge of finding the part a member needs.
The members on this forum make me feel special even though I have only met a couple in person. I have learned so much as far as identifying parts and most off all knowing who and where the parts are. I now know the difference between a clutch and a flywheel , the difference between an E9 and E3 faceplate.
I am here to help and that's what I do. My biggest accomplishment is the relationship I have with not only Forum members ,but also the relationship I have formed with sources that have the hundreds of parts that someone may need.
Thank to All the Wonderful Forum Members.
Please Stay Healthy.
Harry