Group buy on Esco 10498 jack stands?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys,
I ran out of jack stands the other day and figure I need another pair or so.
In particular, I'm interested in trying a set of Euro style tripod stands that have flat tops (rubber pad). These are the Esco 10498.

I have 2 tube framed cars that have structural alloy skinned floors, and regular jack stands deform the aluminum. But these seem like a kinder/gentler solution that will limit damage to the underside of your car.

The best deals I've found so far are $60/ea or $105/pair (+ shipping).
http://www.mile-x.com/Esco-10498-3-Ton-Jack-Stand.aspx

I was hoping we could do a little better if we had more people.

Any interest?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FWIW a review on amazon mentions poor weld quality but I have no first hand experience with this brand, does anybody? On eBay they are $130 shipped which is less than Mile-x ships to this area, maybe they can do better on quantity. I'd like something better than the ones I have also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231106891505?lpid=82

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Only interested in flat top jack stands

I have enough 'conventional' ratcheting stands in 3 & 6 ton sizes.
I know you can get plastic pads to fit this type of jack.

This GB would only be for rubber cushioned, flat-top jack stands.

John

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've contacted unique truck for a GB

This vendor did a group buy for Porsche owners that ended up at over 600 jack stands sold (300pair). This was setup on the renin list forum.

I don't know what discount they received, but Unique Truck Internet price is $120/or plus $9.95 shipping in the lower 48. If we could get a shipped price close to $100/pr I'd consider that pretty good.

On a side note. With the CSL spoiler. I can't get my jack in from the front wo driving onto a stacked pair of 2x10's. I see there's a nice long reach floor jack by Arcan (xl2t) that's only $199 at Amazon. Anyone here have something and can provide feedback on it?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the Arcan low lift jack. I bought it at Northern Tools for a lot less than that. It has been very good so far. I do worry that the seal on these Chinese jacks might not have the longevity of my previous Taiwanese one, but they seem to have the market cornered. I really like how high it goes.

This is also one I had at the top of my list:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Forge-200T-2-Ton-Low-Rider/product-reviews/B000GTJFBU

This is the one I wanted at the time, but was not available when i bought mine about 4 years ago

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/TOOL/POR_TOOL_ACHyd1_pg3.htm

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the arcan jack depends on whether you get the heavy steel one, or the aluminum one. i also have the heavy steel one (xl 35 i believe - $99), goes under my car fine. also goes under the porsche.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Arcan Jacks

the arcan jack depends on whether you get the heavy steel one, or the aluminum one. i also have the heavy steel one (xl 35 i believe - $99), goes under my car fine. also goes under the porsche.

I have an xl35 jack already, and that's the one that's not quite long enough in reach. I see that the XL2T provides only 4" longer reach, which might be enough.
But I should just bite the bullet and get a true long reach jack ( Omega 29023 or ATD equivalen) which provide 10" or more reach than my XL35R.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
FWIW a review on amazon mentions poor weld quality but I have no first hand experience with this brand, does anybody? On eBay they are $130 shipped which is less than Mile-x ships to this area, maybe they can do better on quantity. I'd like something better than the ones I have also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231106891505?lpid=82

Hi Steve, I bought a set of these ESCOs back when everyone started selling these as AC Hydraulic replacements. The welds on them are not pretty, but superficially the fusion/penetration looks more solid than some of the others I checked out with my amateur eyes. But I don't know if they've changed in the meantime. Mine aren't subject to heavy duty use - probably the heaviest car on them was an R32 and that's not much more than a coupe - so I really can't comment on absolute strength. Around the same time I found a great deal on the low profile Omega jack but I can't remember the model number right now. I have had no problems with that jack, but talk about some ugly welds!

John, if you are able to include the shorter model (#10499), I'd join in. But it looks like Fred @ ReverseLogic is the only seller of these, so I might just order them from him.