Grundy Car Insurance, Anyone Insured By Them???

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been with Hagerty for about 10 years but may switch to Grundy and wanted to know if anyone is insured by them and their experience. I am very happy with Hagerty but they won't insure my 2003 Lancer Evolution but I contacted Grundy and based on the condition and modifications they agreed to insure it. I am a bit concerned as I am in the application process and they are not very quick to respond to needed information and the agents on the phone don't have the passion and concern I get when I talk to Hagerty. Any advice with first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
No need for any advice. I gave up with them. The most unorganized company I have dealt with. Every time I call I get the run around and conflicting information.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hagerty for a 2003 car?

The Classic Car Club of America maintains that a car must be between 30 and 49 years old to be a classic.

A friend of mine is an AAA agent and very responsive, want his number?

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hagerty for a 2003 car?

The Classic Car Club of America maintains that a car must be between 30 and 49 years old to be a classic.

A friend of mine is an AAA agent and very responsive, want his number?

Both Hagerty and Grundy insure newer cars if they are modified and my car has over $20k worth of modifications. Issue is Hagerty does not have Mitsubishi as one of the makes that they cover but Grundy does.

stardoc

Reaction score
Hagerty is getting very pricey. I agree about Grundy's unorganization. They quoted me a price which was 4x as expensive as State Farm for my Testarossa.
Any reason why you're not trying the more traditional companies?

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hagerty is getting very pricey. I agree about Grundy's unorganization. They quoted me a price which was 4x as expensive as State Farm for my Testarossa.
Any reason why you're not trying the more traditional companies?

I am insured with a traditional insurance company. My concern is since the value of the car is not predetermined in the unfortunate event of a loss they will just find the cheapest three comparables in my area and pay a rediculasly low amount not taking into account the factors that make this car more valuable than the average abused car out there. I want the peace of mind of knowing what the value is.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bundled my coupe with State Farm years ago. Agreed value, $40k. Premium about $190.00 a year. Plan on bumping up to $45 or $50k.

Steve

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, be careful with state farm. I had mine bundled with them until i discovered their "agreed value" isnt the same as the collector companies. I split mine off to hagerty

I bundled my coupe with State Farm years ago. Agreed value, $40k. Premium about $190.00 a year. Plan on bumping up to $45 or $50k.

Steve

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Grundy are the worst! Absolute Crooks. You'll find out once you have to make a claim.

I can recommend Hagerty and JC Taylor also from personal experience....