H&R e12 front springs #

Skiver

Site Donor
Reaction score
hi everyone
sorry been off the forum for a while fixing the 993.
back at the e9 now as weather improves! Just replaced the front shocks - wish i did them a long time ago.
now the car looks like its on stilts... so looking at the H&R e12 front lowering springs folks have referenced - could someone confirm the part number is 29533-1?
seems to be very hard to find or i have the wrong part #
thanks in advance!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have you removed the US only aluminum spacers between the top of the strut and the body?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i would recommend that you talk to Paul Baker - check the FAQ - Top Sources (Suspension - in the 2nd post in this thread)

Skiver

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks all. when i removed the strut there was no aluminum spacer?
i’ll check out paul baker and carl nelson

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my understanding is the Carl Nelson springs are standard coils and the Paul Baker springs are progressive coils

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
my understanding is the Carl Nelson springs are standard coils and the Paul Baker springs are progressive coils
That is correct. I have Carl Nelson springs in my car, and a set of Paul Baker springs waiting to go in.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What is the difference in driving experience between these?
i understand from talking to @HB Chris a while back ... is its quite good. i am pretty sure that is what he put on his chamonix.

another thing worth considering is the coilover setup that Mario is the US distributor for - RAAB classic. Mario says its the best on a coupe - period. i believe @Stan has them on the GR8WHITE

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
progressive springs have a varied approach - they are a little softer on initial bumps / turn, and tighten up as you go further into the turn (aggressive when you need it). most modern suspensions use progressive springs.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have B&G springs with oil filled Konis in the front and Koni gas shocks on the rear Dropped the car about 1.3 inches the ride, to me, is firm but nice