Happy New Year and CSL "thinning"

soxrus

Reaction score
To each and all .......... Happy New Year ........

Hope to post progress pics of CSL 2275 030 later this week ....... Car has been sold to a new owner from Georgia ......... I will allow him the honors of introducing himself to the group as the next owner ..... I bought this car from the Netherlands a few years ago and was so impressed with its condition (Golf Yellow ..... and very rust free .... purchased from the original owners family and claimed to be very low mileage) ..... the engine was removed to make a "show quality" detail ......... easier ........... and then I had the good fortune to buy the "Lemans" Motorsport CSL (2275 997) and the motorsport "staff" street CSL (2275 011) from Richard Conway ......... so this car sat untouched for almost 2 years ......... It will be back on the highway by spring with a new owner !!!!!!!!!

Which brings me to my next issue .......... I have decided to sell my Chamonix CSL (2275 123) I will post pics and add in the classified later this week .............. A TRULY GREAT CSL ......... and a wonderful driver that shows very well ............. Won't be cheap ......... but a very nice CSL with "no excuses"

If interested drop me an e-mail ............

Be Safe all, Jimmy

soxrus

Reaction score
ex Richard Conway CSL

No the ex- RC CSL's have not ..... and will not be for sale ........... neither the street CSL or the Motorsport race CSL .....

I will be restoring the Staff CSL to its original condition (color, which should be Golf yellow also, engine, suspension, etc) and displaying the race car and staff CSL together at Classic Lemans in 2008 ........

I have now confirmed (with European help .... thanks Gerrit) that the staff CSL (Golf Yellow)was in fact the CSL, used in the now famous "comparison article" in AMS between the factory CSL offering and Alpina, GS Tuning, Schnitzer, and Kopechan (spelling ????) tuner versions !!!!! This CSL letters from BMW as being sold to the the original owner ....... BMW Motorsports !!!!

To those who inquired about 2275 123 ...... be patient ........ and thanks for your interest !!!!!

Be Safe, Jimmy