Has anyone tried those Swedish Rakaror stainless steel exhaust?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wonder if they'd sell just the front and rear mufflers. Then use the stock rear pipe with chrome tip.

Henrik

Reaction score
I have mounted these mufflers on my car. They provide an amazingly deep, powerful sound that is not too noisy (typical for all SS mufflers I guess). It was a bit difficult to mount the first muffler so that it didn't touch the back seat floor, but since I have replaced large parts of the bottom it may be that the new fixing points did not match the old ones. I bought SS downpipes from W&N.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have mounted these mufflers on my car. They provide an amazingly deep, powerful sound that is not too noisy (typical for all SS mufflers I guess). It was a bit difficult to mount the first muffler so that it didn't touch the back seat floor, but since I have replaced large parts of the bottom it may be that the new fixing points did not match the old ones. I bought SS downpipes from W&N.
Thanks Henrik. Good info!

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Price is about 640 EUR - am i right?

Trying to figure anything out on that web site is a real science project. But from what I can figure out...

This page
http://www.rakaror.o.se/stainless-steelexhaustsystemsmufflers.html
says:
"All prices you will find are in Swedish Crowns (SEK) incl. VAT."

On another page which I cannot find anymore, they mentioned that US orders should take 20% off to remove the dreaded VAT.

Then this page:
http://www.rakaror.o.se/avgassystem/bmw.html
says:
"5700:- BMW 3.0 CS, CSA, CSIA (72-76) utan främre rör BMW171"

Google says
5700 swedish kronen = 600 euros or $715. (Hmmm, is the Euro really that much stronger than the USD these days?). Remove 20% from the US price (I don't know if that should be removed from the European price as well) would bring it to $572. No idea of what shipping would cost. But I imagine it would be significant. I will email them and ask.

Note that this does not include the downpipes. As Henrik said, that can be purchased from W&N.

I wonder if, once you put all of that together, we might be getting close to the complete W&N exhaust system price since their shipping is only $49.

Henrik

Reaction score
Swedish VAT is 25% so it's a good discount for foreign customers. I can't find anything about shipping costs, but the company is not far from Gothenburg that has shipping links to the US.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Swedish VAT is 25% so it's a good discount for foreign customers. I can't find anything about shipping costs, but the company is not far from Gothenburg that has shipping links to the US.
Thanks Henrik. I emailed them to ask and will post the reply when I get it.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is the reply I got this morning:
-----------------------------------------------------
Hello,

The price excluding VAT is:

Exhaust 4560 SEK
2 Stainless steel clamps 96 SEK
Shipping costs 1600 SEK

TOTAL TO PAY 6256 SEK
We have no mounting kit except the clamps.
The shipping time differs but it should take 7-9 days.
Best Regards
Ulf Hammarberg
Raka Rör KB
-----------------------------------------------------

Google says today 6256 SEK is about 785 USD.

This does not include the down pipes. So if you don't need those, this sounds like a good option. But if you do need them, then the W&N deal is close enough to be more attractive based on the fact that it has been tested by many more people here.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've searched for the W&N Stainless Steel system this thread refers to and I have not been able to find it. Is it still listed on their site?
I can see stainless systems for other cars and regular steel mufflers for the E9, but no stainless exhaust system for the coupe.

Got a URL for me?

Thanks,

Ian

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
they may just be out of stock. doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't carrying it anymore. send them an email + ask

Wladek

Reaction score
I've searched for the W&N Stainless Steel system this thread refers to and I have not been able to find it. Is it still listed on their site?
I can see stainless systems for other cars and regular steel mufflers for the E9, but no stainless exhaust system for the coupe.

Got a URL for me?

Thanks,

Ian
they may just be out of stock. doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't carrying it anymore. send them an email + ask
They had it even last week, it was sale offer (999 EUR with VAT), so all are gone as for now.
I asked Mr. Walloth about 1,5 month ago for stainless exhaust sets for e9, because at that time they also didn't had them in stock (for about 5-6 weeks), after couple days he replied that they will be soon restocked. So i assume this time should be the same situation.

Also wanted to bought the set last week, but had opportunity to buy Getrag 265/6, and gave priority to tranny.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yep, here is the reply I got from W&N about it:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Bo,

sorry the system is sold out and will be available again in approx 2 weeks.

Best regards
Alexander Nesch