head rest raise

shanon

Reaction score
Hi all,

How does one raise the head rests on stock front seats. I have two converted to office chairs (very comfy!) and cant figure out how to release the head rests to raise them up a schosh.

A release button somewhere?

TIA!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
no release button
use your favourite penetrant oil in spray
let it make some derust and deblock diring a fotnight
and then pull it up and down clamly and strongly

decampos

Reaction score
They look great.

My headrests would not budge. It was as though they were welded in. After soaking with penetrating fluid (as deQuincey said, leaving for a fortnight), I had some luck with careful use of scissor jack wedged between the seat and headrest.

jmackro

Reaction score
shanon:

Your's may not be jammed - it might just take more force to raise them than the weight of the chairs. Try pulling them up with someone sitting in the chair.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
shanon:

Your's may not be jammed - it might just take more force to raise them than the weight of the chairs. Try pulling them up with someone sitting in the chair.

I can see punching your own lights out doing this

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
The headrests get stuck solid with, you would be surprised, a very small amount of corrosion. I used penetrating oil and let them sit for at least two weeks. I actually took the seat-back apart (I was re-upholstering anyway) so I could get at the frame: standing on the bottom cross-member and pulling on the headrests wouldn't budge them. Eventually I cut the headrest frame in half and had to twist each side to break the corrosion. Both seats got the treatment. Hopefully yours aren't as stuck.