Headliner Styles: Bow or Fiberboard

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Response from my headliner guy:

DAP is the manufacturer. Weldwood is the product line. Landau Top and trim is the product. It is waterproof and available in smaller quantities like quart size cans. I found that most of the products in spray cans do not hold up well over a longer period of time in high stress environments. This glue can be sprayed or brushed on.

image0.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Robert - what is the size of the fiberboard? i have some big sheets of waterproof panelboard. they are around 36 x 60 ... may be bigger, but that is a good nominal size if that would help you

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Scott, thanks.

If V1.0 doesn't work out , I'll let you know and we can try with V2.0.

When finished, the grab handles or interior lights will not be a part of the reinstallation. Not to say the next guy couldn't cut into the board and add them later.

Kinda like the non-wood for the dash... Or, the oval s/s exhaust... Or, the m88 engine... Or, the springs that have been cut.

RP

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Response from my headliner guy:

DAP is the manufacturer. Weldwood is the product line. Landau Top and trim is the product. It is waterproof and available in smaller quantities like quart size cans. I found that most of the products in spray cans do not hold up well over a longer period of time in high stress environments. This glue can be sprayed or brushed on.

View attachment 145210
Thanks, Bob.
I ended up with some of the 3M stuff that is/was designed for headliners at about $30.00 per spray can.
I'll let you know if it let's up under the heat in two or three years.

RP