Heavily Modded '02

acat2002

Reaction score
I snapped this picture today in Plymouth, MA. Taken with an iPhone with about 2 seconds to get the car in focus, so sorry for the quality.

Obviously, aside from the sad fact that an otherwise nice roundie was butchered, you have to admire the builder's vision here.

From where I stood, it looked like a big block with blower and maybe even nitrous. The rear end was fully tubbed (probably with Ford 9") and ridiculously wide drag slicks. Wonder what this thing does at the quarter mile?

Crazy!

Attachments

• Modded02.jpg
    Modded02.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 272

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Looks like one of those old "altered" drag cars with a 2002 body dropped down on it.

I like the gas tank out front. 1 gallon or so????

willy2.jpg

BThemiAltered.jpg

BlauMitWeiss

Reaction score
Modded 02

nice little car with that certain "RAT FINK " look!

Attachments

• huber_big_daddy.jpg
    huber_big_daddy.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 149

BlauMitWeiss

Reaction score
Rat Fink

Not mine, as you have likely found, a gent named Paul Huber had another gent named " Ed, Big Daddy Roth" sketch the '02 with the Rat Fink his self.............awesome!@#$%^&*

Funny how our age dictates our present experience. Just heard an album by Lenny Breau, and I miss him too! The cat could play 3 lines!
k

Mario L.

Reaction score
I too have seen this car in person at a hot rod show at Gunstock Ski Area 2 years ago. There was an individual there who described the evolution, maybe the owner? . . the builder actually owned the 2002 as a stock car, and performance enhancements over many years led to this.

I'd venture that he was influenced by the friends he had and the street performance scene during the evolution. . . it is a quality build, though I couldn't imagne driving it to it's full power potential. Seems short and narrow and tall . . .

Mario L.

BlauMitWeiss

Reaction score
Modded 2002

Wow, this is a strange beast!

k

Attachments

• 2002 gasser.jpg
    2002 gasser.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 133