hello everyone, may I present...myself

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
interesting discussions, ideas, and many others, congratulations for this forum

it is great to have such a community with specific common interest on e9´s

mine is one of them, 3.0CS dated 1971, I am repairing, renewing, driving it and so discovering the new-old experience of what is to feel a real car

I am trying to maintain (as possible) the spirit of the car as it was produced 38 years ago

here are the photos, you will be the judge

my pleasure will be to participate, and share ideas, solutions, and knowledge about this "living experience"

regards

(may I appologize in advance for my english ? doing so for now and ever you will be indulgent, won´t you ?);-)

2myrrxg.jpg

2z6fjvn.jpg

24xgsww.jpg

2nks0o6.jpg

au9ob7.jpg

j5zh9e.jpg

122m7iw.jpg

rro0vk.jpg

2zgz2fk.jpg

11l7m6q.jpg

I don´t know if you have an specific place to present new members, if so, may I ask the apropriate person to move this thread to it´s correct place ?

regards

steve in reno

Reaction score
Very nice looking car.
Welcome.
Please list your city/country.
We also have a registry for all owners of our beloved money pits.
steve

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice car. Inspecteur Cluseau on the case identifying car location. Facts.
Europe, by the car and the license plate. Not UK as it is LHD and not native English speaker. Sentence construction could be Italian, or latin in general. Humble tone, maybe southern Italy. Leaving car in first gear can be a habit of a place with hills. Pictures taken in the morning with the sea on the east side. Battery is made in Taiwan, so it can't be Germany. I give up

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Country of Origin

Welcome to the forum and all it's machinations. It is a wonderful resource for all things E9 and beyond. If the license plate matches the country my guess is the E on the plate stands for Espana or Spain? Si?

Regards, Jon

pmansson

Reaction score
And that lovely and rare colour Atlantik. Murray will approve of this.
The car looks very, very tidy.
Please share the history and condition of it with us.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, yes, E for Espain, I knew that. I would say Valencia based on the angle of the sun.
The name deQuincey, had me following Thomas deQuincey, a red herring when I realized it means actually "de quince y" (fifteen and). The owner obviously got the car 15 years ago.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
would say Valencia based on the angle of the sun.
Tsk tsk!

Given the ships tied up at the warf in the background, and his sentence construct which is certainly
more Russian than Italian, (note the spelling double vowel yet words ending in i?)
I might surmise that this is indeed Estonia which
became a member of the EU in 2004 it's more modern language roots closer
to Europe than it' previous ties to the former Soviet Union.
(given how he refers to 'presenting himself' formally without
using his given name which remain a mystery)

estonia.gif

250px-Tallinn_old_and_new%2C_Dec_2006.jpg

Tallinn is the capital and largest city of Estonia. It occupies an area of 159.2 km2 (61.5 sq mi) with a population of 406,703.[1]
It is situated on the northern coast of the country, on the banks of the Gulf of Finland, 80 km (50 mi) south of Helsinki.

Picture2-8.png

Welcome to the forum Sir, wherever you are from and you are welcome as we too are e9 junkies!

Cheers!

Ran

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
DeQuincey:
Zdravsvitye! Mwi dumayem shto vwi russki. Skazhitye nam, pozhaluista...(it is difficult transliterating Russian with Roman letters...) Very nice coupe!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
thank you

hello

vielen danke e9 bayerische motoren werke´n maniacs ! thank you very much for the dedicated time and effort, I appreciate a lot your warm welcome !

I am seriously considering the possibility of maintaining the secrets secret so your proven unending enormous skills on imaginative intelligent talk (thinking lays underneath) may continue arising giving us a “dequinceastic” opiaceum pleasure of languaje and sharp brain experience

I might be afraid of the meshy english I used, but I really would like to equalize your english level. Unfortunately I have not been taught by my mother in the tongue of Shakespeare & Co. and this difficult ability has been adquired hardly by myself too old to become it acceptable for the rest of native speakers.

trying to answer all the questions will leave me speechless, but I will try anyway because you deserve it.

for those “L'Infaillible Inspecteur Clouseau” fans; I can not believe your perceptiveness, lets see this:

Inspecteur Cluseau on the case identifying car location. Facts.
Europe, by the car and the license plate. YES
Not UK as it is LHD and not native English speaker YES (that bad is my english ????:oops:).
Sentence construction could be Italian, or latin in general. RIGHT
Humble tone, maybe southern Italy. NO, I would say not humble, but trying to be polite and with the deserved respect, just as gentlemen do.
Leaving car in first gear can be a habit of a place with hills.RIGHT !
Pictures taken in the morning with the sea on the east side.SO-SO, RIGHT TIME IS NOON, NOT EAST SIDE,(it is a harbour),THE OPEN SEA IS NORTH SIDE
Battery is made in Taiwan, so it can't be Germany.YES, DON´T PUT THE BLAME ON MY FOR THE BATTERY, IS THE TESTING ONE, THE GOOD ONE (70Ah) IS PRODUCED IN MY HOME TOWN (also not germany, I am not “perfekt” !!)
I give up OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, shame !

the next try:

Yes, yes, E for Espain, CAN BE SAID SO… I knew that. I would say Valencia based on the angle of the sun. NOOOOOOOOO
The name deQuincey, had me following Thomas deQuincey THE BIGGEST YES !!, a red herring when I realized it means actually "de quince y" (fifteen and). The owner obviously got the car 15 years ago. I´M AFRAID NOT, BUT YOUR COMPLICATE DEDUCTION DESERVE A YES

thank you for this beautiful exercise !

these are “the facts”

I am 40 years old, mechanical engineer, I live in Bilbao (basque country-spain-europe)

Love english literature, specially T. de Quincey, and J. Conrad, (they wrote better than me…)

what about the car ?

Produced in may 1971, original colour chamonix white, sold in Paris, sent to Spain in 1974, from that date is the actual license number, colour changed to blue (car fully dissasembled for that), and bmw-air conditioned installed

same owner until 2005, in 2005 I bought the car, major repairs: brakes, clutch, springs,…in official BMW workshop, since then I have been taking care of it, leather seats, some plastic and rubber trim parts renewed, cables, lights, alternator, fan, radiator, visco-clutch, water pump,…all rubber tubes (fuel, water, air), new classic tyres,…

I try to maintain it as close as possible to the original condition. (but it is a car, not a statue !)

Car condition is: good aesthetics, and good driving, still giving more than 100 CV, anyway not the performance of a 2010 brand new BMW, but fine for a classic car

Pics taken in basque country coast side

Car has been registered in your registry

regards

deQuincey

remark: I leave you now, the smoke is filling the room, I must give a rest to my poor brain !!

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
A far more civilized and enjoyable thread than those of late.

Here here, David...

I stand corrected on the Estonia suggestion Quince and again welcome to
the madness here that none of us seem to be a part of but somehow it
keeps going on...

images

Gorgeous Frank Geary (US architect) design on your fine city's new museum there don't you agree?
Seems as of the last ten years it's the Spanish Architects that seem to receive all
the good commissions all over the world.

Cheers~

Ran

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks!

You made my day with that perfect diatribe...

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
images

Gorgeous Frank Geary (US architect) design on your fine city's new museum there don't you agree?

hi

yes I do agree with your comment about frank gehry, he did a great work in bilbao, and the building has become a center of attraction for the city and surroundings
b6sg9e.jpg

we were happy with him, an so he was, he bought a house here to spend some days a year (he seems to be interested in food:-D, ...or so they say)

by the way, following with my favourite americans I must bring here Mr.Tom Waits, Mr.H.L.Mencken (1880-1956), Mr. Julius Henry Marx, Mr. Orson Welles,...and many more, you know well it is a big country... full of interesting people. those mentioned had the particularity of being the top of my specific lists on music, literary critic, unclassifiable, and film director

farewell