Hello from a former E9 owner and Publisher of the CS REGISTER

RogerW

Reaction score
As a former E9 owner I stop by from time to time to see what is going on. Still miss the E9, but am now involved with the E31 group - just can't stay away from the big coupes. Hello to many familiar names here.

Thought I would let everyone know what I have been up to - my 3 year restoration of our Alpina B12 5.0 was finished the first of this month (October 2014), and is now displayed in the Zentrum at the BMW Factory in South Carolina.

Here is some information on the car:
Alpina B12 5.0 Coupe #45
1 of 97 B12 5.0 Coupes produced
The only B12 5.0 produced in Silver
38,500 original Km (23,xxx miles)
1 of 2 in the US

Here is the link: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2134956-Alpina-at-the-Zentrum

Roger

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I wish it had been there for SharkFest this year; I would like to have seen that baby.

RogerW

Reaction score
I wish it had been there for SharkFest this year; I would like to have seen that baby.

Would have been fun, but I just finished it on Sunday morning (October 5th) before they picked it up that afternoon.

RogerW

Reaction score
Roger and I have also crossed paths on the Tesla boards. A man of varied interests...

Don

Don - how do you like yours by now? After over a year and a half, still loving ours. Just a little over 17k miles. If you are not going to Eurofest, is there a chance that on Friday you come by where we are all meeting on the carivan in Atlanta?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very nice........
Don and George W. are friends and I will be at Euro Fest helping with the BMW Foundation on Friday and a spectator on Saturday.
Looking forward to seeing this car in person.
Driving the Coupe up if it doesn't rain.

Gary Beck

RogerW

Reaction score
Very nice........
Don and George W. are friends and I will be at Euro Fest helping with the BMW Foundation on Friday and a spectator on Saturday.
Looking forward to seeing this car in person.
Driving the Coupe up if it doesn't rain.

Gary Beck

Gary - if you are referring to George W. with the Red CSi, that is my prior car I had before I purchased the Alpina. Hope to see you this weekend - please come up and introduce yourself.
Roger

dbower

Reaction score
Eurofest

Roger and Gary:

I plan to be there Saturday only. Coupe is still in the shop (one year this month), wife needs the Tesla, lent the truck, so I may be in my old 69 Camaro. Fear not - I'll park way out. Looking forward to meeting in person.

Don

RogerW

Reaction score
Roger,

What happened to the Frua bodied coupe that you had about 25 years ago?

I never had that car. Last I knew it was in Texas. Charlie Richardson either purchased it, or was thinking about it, but no restoration was done. It was hit pretty hard in the front end. I don't know what happened to that, but there was an article in one of the CS REGISTER newsletters.

RogerW

Reaction score
Roger and Gary:

I plan to be there Saturday only. Coupe is still in the shop (one year this month), wife needs the Tesla, lent the truck, so I may be in my old 69 Camaro. Fear not - I'll park way out. Looking forward to meeting in person.

Don

Don - look up the E31s and say Hi! Hope it is not raining.