Hello from Germany

Marco´s Cabrio

Reaction score
I´d like to introduce my self - or better my be loved E9 convertible. I own it since one and a half year - it´s my dream car: rebuild by SimaPower, Munich, based on the first convertible version from the "Karosseriewerke Deutsch, Cologne" which presented their car at the Autosalon Barcelona in 1970 and the first replica version "Spirit". It is powered by the legendary M88/3 with 286hp.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 257

Dirk

Reaction score
Beautiful car Mario, congratulations. I had the pleasure of seeing one like yours in person on the Bavaria Tour in 2011. Absolutely stunning. Enjoy it.

tmason

Reaction score
Congrads and just a question on a topless e9.Did they have to add any type of frame support because of the flex without the roof?Also the dash looks white so did they add a cover?
Thanks and when you get a chance add some more pictures.
Tim

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
welcome, wish you enjoy the car forever

i have to say, not my cup of coffee, the convertible loses the most important aesthetic feature of the e9, the C pillar that includes the hoffmeister kink and the roundel

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting variation. Do you have a "tonneau"(sp) cover for the roof when it is down?
Any photos with the roof up?

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. Looks like a very nice coupe. I have always liked the look of the cabrio coupe (especially if the folding top is flush with the trunk lid surface (keeps the lines clean). There are some cabrio's out there with a raised bump between the rear seat and trunk lid when the top is down.

enjoy the sky, but watch the road ahead...