Hello from London

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to say hi from London. Great to be here.

I don't currently own a E9 but am currently looking for RHD 3.0 CSi.

Not looking for an immaculate car but something that is in good condition overall condition, and that I can love, use and drive.

Unfortunately the only cars I see up for sale at the moment, all claim to be recently restored etc so are up for a lot of money (I understand they need to get a return on their investment).

So if anyone knows of a good RHD that's available, or has a RHD they are considering selling, please let me know.

Would also love some advice; details of experts in the UK, or companies to use and also maybe some pricing advice as prices appear to vary massively would be great to know what in the BMW Coupe world determines a car's worth

Thanks, Michael.

mr bump

Reaction score
I have mine for sale, 72 cs, 55k miles.
20190124_151545.jpg
Drop me a private message if your interested.

mr bump

Reaction score
Morning rek, no, just on here for the time being. Thought I'd give members first dibs before advertising it mainstream.

day66

Reaction score
In terms of buying advice, all i'd say is that i would not buy an E9 that had been freshly repainted (seeing what tends to be on offer ...)

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agreed. Too easy to hide a world of ills under a new paint job.

I’m after a good solid car. Doesn’t have to be immaculate or restored but not a project either.

Something that can be driven and maintained until such a time it deserves a restoration.

Hopefully someone has a car like this to sell...

day66

Reaction score
I see there's one coming up at the next H&H auction - might be worth a look? Looks like it's not been used much for some time so may need some time/money investing on a mechanical refresh.

Rek

Reaction score
Have you joined the BMW GB Owners club? There is an E9 newsletter which gives historic prices of cars sold recently. It might give you a steer on what to expect.

Attachments

• Newsletter No 59.pdf
    785.5 KB · Views: 369

mr bump

Reaction score
Mr Bump's looks sound - take a look.
It is rek, it is a Solid car, every panel is pin straight, the only thing it needs is a respray as the the paint job it had after it major resto in 1996 was not very good. On the roof, bonnet and bootlid, It's got grazing under the lacquer and it was painted in cellose.....which is awful paint.
Other than that, it's a 6 owner with a genuine 55k miles with old mot's to back it up.
Il do a propper add over the next week or so and advertise it mainstream. I'm only selling it as I want to restore my 84 B reg 911 turbo cabriolet, if I didn't have that I'd keep my cs as it drives like new.

mr bump

Reaction score
Have you joined the BMW GB Owners club? There is an E9 newsletter which gives historic prices of cars sold recently. It might give you a steer on what to expect.
I get a newsletter from Nick hull from the E9 registry every month. I'm asking 40k as it needs a new paint job, I think I'm spot on the money at that price. What do you think?

Rek

Reaction score
£40k seems too cheap. They go for less over here but if it is rust free with a low mileage and provenance then its a snip at that. Matching numbers? Any resto work?

Rek

Reaction score
Mine has one dodgy door panel, OK paint and the interior is not yet upholstered. There is still a lot of smaller things to do on it to make it right. Notwithstanding this, the insurance company inspection put a £55k value on it.

mr bump

Reaction score
Mine has one dodgy door panel, OK paint and the interior is not yet upholstered. There is still a lot of smaller things to do on it to make it right. Notwithstanding this, the insurance company inspection put a £55k value on it.
Yes, it's matching, spotless blue velour seats, photographic resto album, all previous tax discs, previous mots,5 speed dogleg box, LSD, both from pre 79 E24 so cable driven speedo. Chrome bumpers in beautiful condition, all original glass, brand new head fitted during resto, full original tool kit Inc Jack and brace. If I'm being critical, the exhaust is getting on a bit but it's the original one. I though at 40 rek, with a 8k paint job it takes it into the right price band, so I best ring John castle and have a chat about price, supply and demand.
Thank you rek.