Hello from Manchester

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi James, Stan & Michael.

Funnily enough Simon (simufly) lives just a couple of miles from me and had a look at my CSI - I think that was in February.

I realise I've owned mine for a year now and should get started on it soon, though it is currently gathering dust! I broke all the E9 rules when i bought mine - bought blind at auction (or rather on the basis of the catalogue photos) so had a few sleepness nights waiting for it to arrive. Fortunately it appears to have escaped the worst of the UK weather, though some aspects of the 90s resto could be improved, but it's only had 2 owners and i have plenty of paperwork with it - which is nice.

David

Well maybe @Simufly, you and I can meet up for a coffee sometime…would love to see your E9 and chat etc. Just PM sometime.

day66

Reaction score
Yes that sounds like a great idea to meet up sometime.

James, yes I'll be going through everything pretty thoroughly. I do all my own work, though i am a little constrained by the size of the garage and out of concern for the neighbours! I must admit when i bought mine i looked at a few of the more heroic restoration threads and decided if it needed as much work, I'd move it on.