Hello!

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It's a pleasure to finally be registered, gents.

I've lurked this forum for years, and within the coming six months or so I fully intend to buy an e9. In the meantime, I'll continue to admire the splendid work so many of you have done with your own coupes. I've only ever owned and driven BMWs, though the design language changes of recent years have me a bit turned off from the contemporary company. My current daily is an M4 competition convertible, though I intend to sell that upon finding a stable coupe.

I look forward to joining you all for real soon,
Jackson

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Your photo evokes memories of my teenage self in the early 60's. Those were the day. Really, they were.
Rudolph Belarski painted it for one of those awful romance dime novels back in 1952.

What kind of coupe are you looking for, original, lightly modded?
I intend on posting a seeking ad in the classified, but ideally something I could really make my own. I met La Jolla Carl some time back and discussed performance upgrades to these, as I'd like to drive it around 50-100mi/week. 2.8, 3.0, engine swap, auto, manual, all are fine, though I'd be a bit partial to the auto since I understand upgrading it to the 4HP22 is commonly done. I like the idea of OEM+, like what BMW might have done given the will or the ability. I'm partial to Fjord, Baikal, Jade, though color isn't a very limiting factor. All-in-all: lightly modified, and if not, it will be!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rudolph Belarski painted it for one of those awful romance dime novels back in 1952.

I intend on posting a seeking ad in the classified, but ideally something I could really make my own. I met La Jolla Carl some time back and discussed performance upgrades to these, as I'd like to drive it around 50-100mi/week. 2.8, 3.0, engine swap, auto, manual, all are fine, though I'd be a bit partial to the auto since I understand upgrading it to the 4HP22 is commonly done. I like the idea of OEM+, like what BMW might have done given the will or the ability. I'm partial to Fjord, Baikal, Jade, though color isn't a very limiting factor. All-in-all: lightly modified, and if not, it will be!
Good plan.
I was not aware the 4HP22 option was there for an E9 upgrade. When my E9 3HP22 croaked I discussed that option and went with 5-speed conversion instead. I do not recall why it was not practical. I was a novice then (and I have learned little...).
I have the 4HP22 on my E24 and the driving experience between that and the E9 speed are radically different. The E24 starts being fun above 70 MPH really the E9 is fun at any speed.