Help Identifying Parts

drewbaker

Reaction score
Guys,

Apologies if this should be in another section (classifieds?), if so, mods, please move it.

Well some of you might be aware my 1971 3.0 CS overheated. What is probably a damaged head is going to take some cash to fix.

To that end, I’ve gone through the garage and all the parts that came with the car when I bought it 8 or so years ago.

I don’t know what a lot of them are. I know the PO was collecting bits to convert the CS into a CSi, so there’s some fuel injection related bits.

Don't meant o sound lazy, but I just don't know enough about BMW's and the various other models that parts mix/match from. Can any of you here identify these parts? If you know the value of them, that would be great too, I’ll be listing them over in the classifieds.

Thanks.

BMW Parts-10.jpg

BMW Parts-11.jpg

BMW Parts-12.jpg

BMW Parts-13.jpg

BMW Parts-14.jpg

BMW Parts-15.jpg

I'm guessing these are various fuel injection related manifolds, distributors, some carbs etc. Can anyone identify these various parts? I'd like to know what each part, or collection of parts, is worth. I can take close ups of individual parts if you need to see stampings.

BMW Parts-16.jpg

The original distributor cap and leads.

BMW Parts-17.jpg

Various bits and pieces.

BMW Parts-18.jpg

BMW Parts-19.jpg

Front air-damn. Was installed sometime in the late 70's/80's by the original owner I believe. Quite a few chips. Are these worth anything?

BMW Parts-1.jpg

BMW Parts-2.jpg

This is a decent used 3.0 radiator. Bought it for $100 plus shipping. Fair?

BMW Parts-3.jpg

BMW Parts-4.jpg

This is a used aluminum radiator. I drove the car with it in a handful of times but decided to get a stock one from W&N for aesthetic reason. Bought it new for $495.

BMW Parts-5.jpg

BMW Parts-6.jpg

Original 3.0 suspension parts I believe, worth anything?

BMW Parts-7.jpg

Used hood hinge. Not great condition condition, worth anything?

BMW Parts-8.jpg

BMW Parts-9.jpg

Original steering wheel. I put a Nardi wheel in the car. Are these worth anything?

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drewbaker:

It's all a lot of stuff that's no good. I'll give you $100 to take it all off your hands.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew-
Throttle bodies are 50 each
Steering wheel 200-400 depending on condition
Intake manifold 300
Aluminum radiator 200

drewbaker

Reaction score
Thanks Don for the help. You think I should sell the manifold and other injection bits and pieces together?

Chris, yeah that's the original wheel that the original owner sent to me when he discovered I'd bought the car via this forum, so that's a cool thing. Might hang onto that for the story.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the intake manifold with throttle body and fuel rail is worth 350.

Tundra

Reaction score
help identifying....

PM sent.

For front air dam, chrome grills and pillar roundels