HELP NEEDED!!! Door seals????

ny30cs

Reaction score
I need door seals, the rubber that runs around the door sill for both sides of my 74 3.0CS.........Where can I get them for a reasonable price? Any ideas???? Thanks in advance.........

seals

just got them through La Jolla Independent and the prices have come down recently. less than coupeguys advert price I think.
ccr

Door Seals

I received this information from Stefan Ries ([email protected]) in Germany:

Door seal (complete seal around the door) US$ 275,-- each

No problem shipping to US. He has most of the other seals available as well.

Drew

I looked in www.realoem.com and couldn’t find the section with the door gaskets, where exactly should I be looking ? Also I was over at the dealer last week and neither one of us could find the parts number for the clips that hold the belt moldings on ?

A tip on the door gaskets that likely doesn’t apply to the lucky guys from SoCal --- install those door gaskets as soon as you take the car off the road for the winter. Let the car sit the whole winter with the doors closed so the rubber gasket have time to “take a set” to how they are supposed to sit with the doors closed, then in the spring the doors will not be nearly as hard to close. That’s what I plan on doing this fall :wink::wink:. ~ John Buchtenkirch

Just bumping this to see if anyone has any more recent purchase experiences as I am seemingly in the market for seals as the old ones have vanished.

Just received my new door seals from Tompkinson yesterday, around $240 each plus shipping to shipping agent then on to me in Sydney, worked out to be A$600 the pair. There have been some requests for photos of same and especially the profiles which I will provide if I can work out how to both post the pics and also add the measurements on photo like DQ and others do.
I have yet to have a good look at the fitting of the rubbers so no doubt I will be back for help !!

John

+1 would love to see install pics of these

Just received my new door seals from Tompkinson yesterday, around $240 each plus shipping to shipping agent then on to me in Sydney, worked out to be A$600 the pair. There have been some requests for photos of same and especially the profiles which I will provide if I can work out how to both post the pics and also add the measurements on photo like DQ and others do.
I have yet to have a good look at the fitting of the rubbers so no doubt I will be back for help !!

John

Door Seal Rubber Pics (specs)

Profile pics of door seals. Mine arrived as two parts one longer than the other. Long seal runs down from windscreen/dash along the door opening and up at door jamb. It is approx 2100 long, 30.5mm wide and 18.5 high and is a double U shape. The short seal runs up from windscreen and under the roof and is a much more complex shape, approx 1300mm long, overall width 34.6 with a inner width of 30.0, its 14mm high and has a channel 7.5mm deep.

Cheers John

Attachments

• IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 519
Door seal small piece

Are the part numbers for the door seals as follows?

Is it 51716754282 (Right) and 51716754283 (Left)?

Is the small piece that is missing in this picture included in the short or long seals as mentioned in the post?

Thanks

Door seal

Are the part numbers for the door seals as follows?

Is it 51716754282 (Right) and 51716754283 (Left)?

Is the small piece that is missing in this picture included in the short or long seals as mentioned in the post?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 527
Door seal only available for the entire opening even though it is three pieces, top, the big piece at base of A pillar and bottom. Yes those are the correct numbers.

Ready for new rubbers in 2015

Im also about to buy some new rubbers for my e9, Can anyone suggest or give me an update as to where to purchase door rubbers (part numbers 51716754282 and 51716754283) for my BMW e9?
So far we have Tompkinsons having the best price at $240 per side.
Has any one recently researched and purchased some rubbers for their e9?

Back