help with dash wood

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have a long way to go to catch up with some of the woodwork I've seen you guys do but I'm experimenting with some colors and in working with another member came up with a super dark/black ebony with about 6 coats of poly then sanded down and polished with automotive buffing paste so you can see through the clear to the black walnut grain, I think it will be really cool with a black interior, especially on the front dash pieces so I think that's where I'm going with the blue car if I ever finish these projects. It also might look good with white faced gauges, which I have seen in an e9 ... I think... and maybe top it off with some fuzzy dice or a shaggy steering wheel cover, wait, maybe I'm related to that guy in Iraq...?? The bling never ends

Seriously though thanks for the encouragement-

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty much done with the "pilot" car or test monkey as the case may be. Learned allot and will be doing another set, I think I could reasonably offer a couple of options for the DIY'r, maybe door blanks, cut, routed and drilled with the back blocks for fitment, and then maybe the same with veneer, but I think I would like to stay away from staining and finishing as that is the most time-consuming and I would not want to be responsible for the wrong color or finish.

Here's the end result-

Attachments

• dash wood28.JPG
    dash wood28.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 119
  • dash wood29.JPG
    dash wood29.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 113
  • dash wood30.JPG
    dash wood30.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 104
  • dash wood31.JPG