Help With VIN Search

nimble_n_quick

Reaction score
Fellow Coupers,

I have finally opened my own Pandora's Box (I started my restoration). After removing the front windscreen, I now believe that a PO resprayed my vehicle a different color.

Can any of the members on this board help me to source the factory color for my vehicle? It's a '72 CSi, VIN #2260866.

Thanks in advance!

Ebin

D-jetronic

Reaction score
Hi
What is the 2 digit number on the karman plate beside interior light switch, on the drivers' door frame ?
If it hasn't been replaced and still exists .
rgds.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Factory information

BMW's mobile traditions center can tell you what your original factory color is too, as well as provide optional equipment info if you find the famous "Laufzettel" build sheet under your rear seat. Andreas was very helpful for me. However, he also indicated my original factory color was Verona instead of Nachtblau, which was a total surprise for me and conflict with what PO told me. I'm still looking for evidence of Verona under two repaints. Andreas can tell you the paint job (but not interior) from the VIN, in other words.

Wayne

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2419&highlight=factory+build+sheet

coupeking

Reaction score
Original color

I usually find the original color if I lift up the boot to the parking brake. Even a complete repaint won't usually get to repainting that area.
Peter

nimble_n_quick

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks to all for the rapid responses!

Under the e-brake, the color appears white, and the number on the tag in the driver's side jamb is 6X (second number is scratched into oblivion and is now illegible).

Also, the color under the windscreen appears to be a metallic silver...

I will check the mobile traditions site later, but futher guesses are always welcome.

Thanks again,

Ebin