Help!

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi:
Hoping someone can help me find a source for a 1500-2000CS Cowl drain tube. It is about 5 1/2" long and made of Black plastic with a rubbery feel,bendable and looks like a vacuum attachment. Any help finding one would be great. Part #64214674120.
Thanks in Advance.
Koopman

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Old thread but can any of the drain tubes for other models be adapted to the E3 (since I believe those are NLA)? Is the E9 tube smaller such that you could just make some kind of adaptor?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
e3 is unique as it has a ridge to hold it in the opening, e9does not and is a bit smaller I think. 68 and later NK sedans are the same and even fewer of these exist so a parts car is only source.

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mine has them, I'm just trying to track down the notorious exhaust-y smell in the cabin that has increased and since I've already replaced and checked all big gaskets (trunk, airbox) I'm down to the firewall stuff and odds and ends. Maybe I'll tape them off for a bit to even see if that's contributing.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good hood seals in front of windshield, gas evap hose from gas filler to trunk container to charcoal canister to air cleaner?

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
seal in front of windshield is new and should be sealing well but I have to double check if there's a gap - I checked the evap setup when I first got the car but frankly at this point don't remember if it was still running up to the canister or vented out the trunk, but it's not a gas smell, more exhaust/hot engine. When I first got the car there was a gas smell but new gas cap and sending unit seals got rid of that. I'm going to recheck the trunk gasket also to make sure it didn't get deformed either.

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I checked the drain tubes, they are permanently wide open at the bottom. I'll see how much blocking those off helps before I chase down other things. Rechecked trunk and hood gaskets and they appear to be sealing well.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That could make a difference. I would heat them in hot water until very pliable then tape the ends together for a day and see if they close up.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
So La Jolla does not have these? They still have a few for the E9, now 50 bucks and not 36 but.............

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In poking around I found there is a grommet on the hood cable that had come out of the metal tube the cable goes into, so I slipped that back in as well, had not noticed that before in case its helpful to anyone.

Christoph

Reaction score
Needed on my E3 also.

@Christoph...what is being used in Europe for the E3?
The hose from my Series 1 looks like this, see below. In my Series 3 it is missing, I had not noticed until recently. Probably a lot of hoses are gone around here because none of the E3 Club's critic section has ever objected. People don't seem to mind for it does not affect the car's performance. Once more I must apologise for not knowing better.
DSCN5364.jpg

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In my Series 3 it is missing, I had not noticed until recently. Probably a lot of hoses are gone around here because none of the E3 Club's critic section has ever objected.
Then my car would fit right in....both are missing. :)

(as an aside, is the "critic section" an official or unofficial body?)

Christoph

Reaction score
Then my car would fit right in....both are missing. :)

(as an aside, is the "critic section" an official or unofficial body?)
Your car is way above average, it would rather stand out than fit in.

The critic section consists of self-professed members, some permanent, some part-time, with varying levels of charm and diplomacy. None of them are mean or rude, that is to say. They just speak their hearts very easily. I enjoyed it, anyway, when new. @dang said somewhere: You learn more about people if you let them talk.