Hi From Kentucky

bavaria

Reaction score
I just wanted to briefly introduce myself, I'm Sean and I live in central Kentucky and have recently returned to Bavaria ownership after about a 10 year absence with the purchase of JMinNJ's 1974 Bavaria. This is my fifth e3 and the third that actually runs. Driving this car I am once again reminded how much I love really all permutations of the e3 chassis and what a truly fine car it is to drive. John brought this car a long way and I hope to bring it along further during my tenure as its custodian. It needs shocks/struts very badly and I will also be going through the cooling system in the near future as I get time. I really appreciate the collective wisdom of this group and the truly helpful folks that populate this board. This seems like a great place to source parts as well which I know from past experience can be a challenge with older BMWs in general and particularly with the e3. Let me say that I'm not leaving you coupe guys out, I love the e9 even though I will never be able to afford one unless I win the lottery! What an amazing car and such beautiful styling! To me the e9 is pretty much as good as it gets stylistically for BMW although I do like the 507 a lot as well. I know that for myself it is going to be a learning curve figuring out which parts from the coupe are applicable to the Bavaria. I do have one parts request: does anyone have an original metal painted (or maybe missing paint) trunk badge that fits the e3? The current badge on the car is one of the newer plastic badges without the raised metal and it just doesn't look right on the car and I would like to replace it with the badge style that it came with. If anyone has one available please get in touch. Thanks for accepting me as a member of this community and I look forward to hanging out with you guys as well as to many happy miles in my Bavaria.
IMG_5028[1].JPG
IMG_5032[1].JPG
IMG_5048[1].JPG

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Sean, and welcome. What a great story - I look forward to the continued tweaks to your e3. Best of luck in finding the correct rear badge - I agree that it is an important detail.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
HiSean, welcome. Please PM me regarding your badge request. I think I have one I can donate. If you can provide a picture of the one you need that would help. I came across a couple "real" ones as I was cleaning out my shop last week.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome Sean. You’re the third consecutive e9coupe.con member to own that e3.
Tons of indispensable information and people on this forum. Good Luck!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Sean ... i used to have a similar pair, i had a topazbraun '79 528i and a sahara '73 bavaria. that has been a while but its a great pair
scott