Holy Moley, have the seen the E9 on eBay?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
For all the money, I imagine the performance is a bit...lacking. Alpina this and Aplina that is nice and all, but since it is a mish-mash of various Alpina models and eras, and given how the Alpina cars usually aren't the biggest performers, I can't help but wonder if instead of buying "brand-name" parts, so to speak, they had instead invested the money into more customized parts and work, like an Alpha-N based S38 with everything to match. The interior work is quite nice, as is the paint, but I don't see the point in all the Alpina bits.

jamesr

Reaction score
Shit, I really didn't want to comment on this topic as i have nothing against the car or price, but having just looked through the pics on ebay, what's with the automatic gear box? Surely if you were going to spend that much money on a resto of this kind, to make the car more desirable (not too mention, more enjoyable to drive), they'd have put a manual box in?

chicane

Reaction score
x_atlas0 said:
For all the money, I imagine the performance is a bit...lacking. Alpina this and Aplina that is nice and all, but since it is a mish-mash of various Alpina models and eras, and given how the Alpina cars usually aren't the biggest performers, I can't help but wonder if instead of buying "brand-name" parts, so to speak, they had instead invested the money into more customized parts and work, like an Alpha-N based S38 with everything to match. The interior work is quite nice, as is the paint, but I don't see the point in all the Alpina bits.

What I don't get (besides the interior) is all of this effort to put into interesting performance mods and then slapping an automatic in there...that is a head scratcher....

cdk2921

Reaction score
Heaven forbid I bring up something that was talked about 5 weeks ago. How dare I. Next time I post something I will comb through every page before hand to make sure it has never been talked about. Geez

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
bmwcarl said:
How many people are brokering this car? Photopark, RonP, Bimmerbros, jeez

The auction says its listed for Ron and I'm not sure BB has ever had a car this nice. Get wit the program homey!

:wink:

chicane

Reaction score
jamesr said:
****, I really didn't want to comment on this topic as i have nothing against the car or price,

You might want to watch your language....