Hood Seal

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is a great example of why the new hood seals make it almost impossible to close the hood without undue force or having a gap.

IMG_6749.jpeg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That part is no bueno, I had one until I sourced an original one, I had to bend it towards the rear in order to get the hood to close

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
With regards to fitment and hood function, the seal from the trunk of a ~2003 Corolla is REALLY REALLY GOOD. Is soft but it actually does seal. A strip of paper confirms no gaps with the hood closed.

IMG_5212.jpeg

(Pardon the dust.) It crinkles in the corners just a bit but the corners were also where the troublesome version put the most pressure on the hood. Food for thought!

IMG_5211.jpeg

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
Heh yep! In fact if I caught you putting a used, dingy, or Toyota part that fantastic restoration of yours I would personally come and confiscate it.

Take my comment as bemusement that some random seal works better than the official part. If the official one gets a redesign it ought to have an even-more pronounced S shape than the original or a foam bulb.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We sell the good fitting German ones for 60.00 shipped

We also sell the Walloth ones for free! $0.00 -you pay shipping. ( We have 5 available)
No returns on Walloth seals.....