Horse Hair?

TG-2002-320i-328ci

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm committed now to re-upholstering my E9 (I bought the kit from Worlduph.com). I want to maintain the smell and comfort of the horse hair filling, but research is telling me that it is now very rare and very expensive.

Does anyone on this board have a lead on a reasonable supplier?

Thank you

inovermyhead

Reaction score
An upholsterer told me that you can still get the horse hair bases for Mercedes seats for the old ‘ pagoda ‘ coupes and they can be adapted / cut to fit.... I never followed up on this as I’m still tossing up doing a full recover of my patinaed seats but it may be worth checking out with MB restorers.

Cheers. John

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When I did a 230SL 20 years ago I bought new pads, hard as a rock and hard to trim, also very well expensive. A good upholstery shop can make new seat pads.

Reaction score
I have a set of 2 ea frt seat pads both the back and bottom for the 123 Mercedes
chassis that I never got around to install in my 240d. I’ve had them for about
20 yrs and they are wrapped and maybe you could make them work for your
needs.
Reasonable price if you can use.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
As much of a traditionalist as I am, I am convinced there is no need to use horsehair. Maybe we need horsehair scent air fresheners.

I just had my seats reupholstered after a 7 year search for the OEM fabric, which BMW re-issued last year after decades of being NLA. My expert trimmer used modern and appropriate foams and the seats feel wonderful and ready for another 40 years of butt time...

IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG