How many E9 produced in 086 Schwarz?

Jacquescs

Reaction score
Hi you guys!

first of all i hope you all are in good health!

2nd.....anyone know how many E9 were produced in 086 Schwarz?

maybe it is nice to show your original one....
So no the ones who are resprayed in black from any different colour

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi @Jacquescs ,

We don’t have production numbers by color. My guess is less than 2% were schwarz, based on registry data. You almost never see factory schwarz, but lots of resprays. I’ve encountered one that was for sale recently. My partner in crime @bimbill has been in this game a long time and hadn’t encountered one either. He was the one who clued me into the rarity of the color.

This is from 2018, and could be skewed by resprays, and schwarz or black is a common target color. An indication that this is the case is that schwarz and malaga are both 2.2%, and Malaga is uncommon but not rare. We have seen several for sale in the last 6 months. Malaga is a very nice original color, but likely not the color of choice for a color change. So 2.2% Malaga is likely accurate. Obviously there is the 30% other but I’m casually spreading that across all colors in my assumption, or ignoring it’s existence. This is all a SWAG. :)

6BAB0CA2-4B8E-44B8-B68B-0C324D62E0FA.jpeg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe is in the registry as schwarz. but it was originally baikal - previous owner resprayed black. but black NO longer. if you want a black coupe, you are going to need all the bling you can get to make it crisp - chrome fender / hood grilles, polished belt trim, polished wheel lips, and i think bbs rs works the best on a black coupe. new mirrors. most importantly always clean, waxed and buffed. in ATL, 15 minutes outside and it looks dirty - too much pine pollen and other dirty air particles. beside that you need better A/C for a black car with little insulation down here. NOT in my top 20 favorite coupe colors for living where i do.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My car was originally Polaris, and will likely be painted Schwarz when finished(current 2nd choice Malaga, 3rd choice Polaris). But what I'd really like to know is what color the 31% of "other" is/are. Is this mostly empty entries in the registry, or non-bmw colors?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
we work on lots of schwarz cars - 4 of them right now
out of nowhere....
Stunning...... when clean!

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
A guy I know here in Austin whose 2800CS is black. I've only seen it once as it's not on the road, but it looks to be a factory paint job. It's an Italian delivery car.