How to require the search function to use "all" keywords instead "either"

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It seems that currently when you enter multiple keywords in the Search field, the software will display any thread that contains any one of those keywords. Is there an option to have it display only the threads that include ALL of the keywords listed. For example if I search for "Seat brackets" I get plenty of thread that talk about seat leather treatments and fuel rail brackets. Informative, to be sure, but not what I need at this point.

I remember a while back on some other software you could type AND in upper case to specify you wanted all keywords to be used.

Thank you.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
You almost did it in your subject title. Put search phrases in quotes to force it to include all the words.

"Door liner" will only return results that include both words together.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It seems that simply putting both words in quotes doesn’t work anymore... I entered “key code” in the search field and I get all kinds of paint codes and similar things. Did this change?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oooooh, sneaky! Thank you Dan.

Now where did you see that error msg? When I did my search, it told me that that those were the results of the “key code” search without mentioning anything about that key being too short.

3F893E6B-C53E-4D9C-ABC4-692D539713A3.png

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is what I get. Shouldn't be different than yours but I guess it is...

search box.jpg

search results.jpg