Hydroboost braking for E9

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am doing a late model GM hydroboost system for my E9 and thought I would throw this out there for anyone that may want this as a kit. The hydroboost would bolt up to the existing extension housing that the vacuum booster is attached to and would use a GM master cylinder as well. Great for race cars, Restomod cars, ect. The kit would be in the 600.00 range including the HB. You would source the MC for your individual needs.

Attachments

• Mount-1.jpg
    Mount-1.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Mount-3.jpg
    Mount-3.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Mount-4.jpg
    Mount-4.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 223

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i can tell you that Gary (m5bb) put this type of system on his coupe after all of the metal + paint work. he hasn't driven it yet as the car is still going back together ... but i am waiting to see how it performs

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
Will take pictures of the progress, but I can say that I have done this on many of my builds and the brakes always seem to work better and I never had to worry about insignificant vacuum on big cam cars.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Markos, Should work as well as the Jeep did if not better. Its getting Wildwood brakes at the same time.

rover215

Reaction score
How's this project coming along? I'm interested.
Also, is there any reason the extended firewall mount can't be shortened? I'd like to bring the HB closer to the firewall.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
How's this project coming along? I'm interested.
Also, is there any reason the extended firewall mount can't be shortened? I'd like to bring the HB closer to the firewall.
Mine is closer to firewall. I shortened the original mount.
I'll try to find some photos.
Gary