I hope folks are being cautious with M Grawe

phead82

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if somebody actually tried to get an appointment to look at a car in person? They'd probably tell you that it JUST sold and is no longer available, then replace it online with the next car which is abviously not in their possession.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, that is a very enticing ad write up. Described the rust issues convincingly.

bdyton

Reaction score
Scam site

Strange site obviously a SCAM but the effort that has gone into it Is astounding - not least the selection of appreciating vehicles.....

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
These same people had the same cars advertised in hemmings under a different business name last summer. I called on the Montreal for 20k to see if it was real. The phone clicked over several times and I could swear I was talking to someone in Cairo or Kabul. He said I had to send a deposit before I could see the car! He said it was in Seattle, but the trees in the photos and the NJ plate on the car suggested east coast. I called Hemmings and they pulled the ad.

Seems crazy, but I suppose someone falls for this or they wouldn't keep doing it.

Scott

lazytv

Reaction score
Do a whois search for mgraweautos.com then do a traceroute on the website address to get the IP. Then do a IP lookup.

You will see the IP belongs to an Amsterdam ISP. So a big redflag when the whois is listed as a Florida company, website lists them being in Maryland and their ISP is in Amsterdam.

Plus that car was for sale on ebay in July 7/13:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330948776715

Jay

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Somebody call the FBI, Interpol, the KGB, the Stasi, and Captain Midnight. Seriously, somebody should go to jail. But in the meantime I wonder if they have iPads and the newest iPhone for $1.99 + shipping.