I need help with a PIP in Norwalk, Connecticut

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
PPI in Norwalk, Connecticut

Hi
There is a car in Norwalk, Connecticut I am interested in. Is anyone here close by and willing to go take a look ?

-David

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi
There is a car in Norwalk, Connecticut I am interested in. Is anyone here close by and willing to go take a look ?

-David

Axel Coelln is in Norwalk. He has a '73 3.3CSi, very rare coupe ex-Ed Ulom.

Send me your e-mail and I can send him a message via Facebook, I don't have his e-mail. I'll probably see him Saturday.

brunswick @ gmail dot com

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Inspection

If Axel doesn't work out, let me know if I can help. I'm about 50 miles away and get through that area about once a week.

PM me.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Axel is out of town, asked my friend Adrian who lives in Greenwich and is very familiar with E28s he said he'd check it out for you. He's a stickler for detail, incredibly knowledgeable about BMWs.:)

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help.
In addition to vintage BMW experts like those you have all mentioned, do you think a dealer inspection is helpful in addition? The car is an E28. I know there wouldnt be much point taking an E9 to the dealer, but Im not sure about a more modern car like an E28 ?

Also, trying to negotiate terms of the sale and inspection with the seller right now. Shouldnt be long, one way or another.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help.
In addition to vintage BMW experts like those you have all mentioned, do you think a dealer inspection is helpful in addition? The car is an E28. I know there wouldnt be much point taking an E9 to the dealer, but Im not sure about a more modern car like an E28 ?

Also, trying to negotiate terms of the sale and inspection with the seller right now. Shouldnt be long, one way or another.

BMW of Darien on Ledge Road could probably do a PPI if you want a dealer to do it, Darien is the town next to Norwalk, I used to live there and they serviced my E36 M3 & we bought our X3 there. Keep in mind an E28 is still a 20-26+ year old car.

http://www.bmwdarien.com/index.htm

Good luck either way.

Last edited:

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks. I think Ill do both---Ive always been sort of a belt AND suspenders guy. I'll let you know as soon as the seller green lights a visit.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I spoke with the seller. He offered to put the car on rack to look underneath, give me the receipt books, run compression and leakdown, and take the car to a dealer for a PPI. Also offered to put a catalytic converter back on for CA emissions test, although I don't know whats involved with that. Seems like a decent guy. The last time I tried to buy an E28 the seller wouldnt agree to a dealer PPI so I walked.

Andrew, thanks for the connection to Adrian Pasternak (BMW CCA CVC Vice President). Sounds like he knows these cars well. I sent him an email hoping to arrange a time to take a look.

I'm hoping to get a new daily driver out of this. Ill share photos once I have them.

-David

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You are welcome David.

I'll see Adrian tomorrow, Saturday Oct. 19. I'm sure he'll fill me in on the condition. I'm looking at a '75 3.0 CSi in Norwalk tomorrow morning.:D

Catalytic converter = big money unless he has it in his garage sitting.

Good luck, sounds like it's going well.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
We haven't connected yet, so if you happen to speak with him please let him know I sent him an email. The seller has time this weekend for a look but I don't know if that works with Adrian's schedule.

A '75 e9 ? You don't hear too much about that year. I wonder if it's like the '74 which has some parts that are different than pre-'74's.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Closing out this thread.

Spoke with Carl and he said no OEM catalytic converter on the car is a deal breaker. So....still looking for an E28 (535is)...