I need to visit more often.

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
Dont know how life got so busy...nice to pop in here sometimes and it all still runs,
been trying to remember, found this place when I found my first 2800CS in South Africa in 2001??
is Bluemax still around?
Took my 73 30 CSA for a run this afternoon, now going to have to do something about the exhaust, tried swopping the broken Indicator and wiper switches with some spare ones I had from an E3 LIA, wire colours and position look the same, but neither makes anything work??
anyway, nice to see you lot are still Couping!!
regards
Dick

steve in reno

Reaction score
Dax
Good to see you still think of us.
Murray :aka blue max is still here.
Mehrdad visits occasionally
Velocewest is gone/ sold
Many of the old members are still active and owners.
steve in reno

Honolulu

Reaction score
Have to look at the wiring diagram to see why LIA switches may not work. I used a wiper(?) switch from a later CS (or Bavaria?) and had to swap the position of two pins in the connector. Fortunately grokking the diagram was within my limited mental capabilities.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Dax back----

Hi Dax

some of us are hard to get rid of when truly joined at the hips with their rust buckets--eerrrr--special coupes. My movements are necessarily more deliberate now and the left leg doesn't work as well as when first joining this great site--but--when underway in the driver seat I can still help the BLUMAX come to the dance.

The latest saga of the BLUMAX as he approachs his 43rd Birthday when built and delivered in Munich to his original owner--and I now well on my way to 84--with 421,000 miles on the MAX and countless clicks on his caregiver--yours truly--and a tip of the old iceburg is now on-line showing at:

www.driving-line.com select stories and ours is the second down.

Some current plans--We're on our way to Monterey again next month for some of the now week long car week overload of events. It will be the 38th anniversary of BLUMAX's first trip there in 1974--may be a record--when he was nearly new--at least to me. A hell of a lot of water has run over the dam since then, many more events, people crowding the area and yearly escalating prices at every event doesn't seem to keep people away--also countless gallons of premium gasoline has since flowed through BLUMAX's still original gas lines--ain't it good to live in a drier climate.

Cheers Dax and keep coming back

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
Thanks Honolulu, will get a friend to have a look, wiring diagrams are about as cryptic to me as another language.
Murray!!! what a pleasure to hear from you again, Yeah, I envy you guys your weather, the South African one is now a Bat Replica on the track with its new owner and in Ireland you can hear the cars rust.
There's a reason the place is green.