I refuse to pay 100 for sunroof seal.

Maocevallos

Reaction score
sounds great. Can you be more specific. I'm from south america, but i have friends and family in the USA that can buy the seal for me.
Thank you

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I used MD Products Black Silicone Door Seal #68668. If you google it you will find it on eBay, Amazon, most hardware stores, etc.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but I had to laugh when I saw some of the comments. I'm flipping a '76 2002 and need to replace the sunroof seal but I'm not going to pay OEM prices for this car. Sorry, I know it sounds bad but the next owner can deal with it if they want. But, I figure that maybe technology has made some progress in the weather stipping field in the last 40 years so I started searching online for something that might work. Turns out Home Depot had the closest thing to what I was looking for. "Tubular weather stripping" will get you some good results in the google images pages, then you follow the image to the website. I bought about a million feet of this stuff for $3.57 and will see how it works out. I was worried about it rubbing on the weather stripping while the roof slides back and forth but realized it sits lower while it moves then pops up to seal at the end. We'll see...

V18W1.jpg
d96905ee-e125-4e6e-a681-8cc6a2c1d5a2_1000.jpg

Last edited:

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
try La Jolla Independent for the seal for a lot less than you were quoted elsewhere