Identify this e9!

schlan13

Reaction score
Hi all, new member here.

I’m a lifelong gearhead and I’ve been pondering my next auto project. I had been interested in 2002’s and was starting to research getting one as a long term project.

Last June I happened to be walking through a parking lot and was stopped dead in my tracks by a Baikal 3.0 CS. I had never seen an e9 before, and honestly I didn’t even know what it was at the time. Absolutely stunning. So I took a few photos (below) and immediately started researching.

The next week I saw on craigslist (what I think) was the exact car I saw in the parking lot. I hesitated to call, and then it was gone and sold (I assume). Does anybody know anything about this particular Portland area e9? I didn’t have the forethought to jot down the VIN.

2012-06-20%2B18.37.58.jpg

2012-06-20+18.38.10.jpg

Also, 7 months later, my “e9 fever” has not gone away. I’ve been pouring through the great information available on this website/community, and hope to buy something within the next year. I am keeping my eyes open for anything that pops up locally. Any advice is welcome.

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You are hooked :)

Resistance is futile. Peruse the cars for sale section also Check the recent BMW CCA classifieds as there have been several E0s for sale in the last few months.

I hope you find the one you are looking for! The one in the photo looks great!

Stan

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've seen this car at least three times. The first time was a few years ago parked out on the street around NW 23rd and Thurman. The other two times were at the Portland Historic Races. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's an automatic with a Petri steering wheel. It's a little ratty but looks great in that color.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Checkout the E9 for sale on www.vsr1.com

I have no interest nor benefit on the outcome. My motivation is to promote Vintage Sports & Restoration as a very happy and grateful customer of the talented team at VSR.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Portland Maine or Oregon?

If Maine definitely check out the coupe at VSR!
I have seen it and it is nice. Personally I would swap out the interior for tan leather but that's me...

schlan13

Reaction score
Yes, Portland, Oregon.

I was in a hurry that day, so I don't recall if it was an auto or manual. But it looked gorgeous, and I wanted it. :grin: