Ignition lock cover desperately seeking!

Dave G

Reaction score
Don and those interested, I saw that listing on eBay with the seller from Indonesia asking "big money". Fortunately that is not the one I purchased. I found a new NOS item in the bag out of Texas for a much more reasonable price. I also came across a site out of Germany, Online-teile.com, by Martin, claiming to have stock for €2.86 each. I did just now inquire if they really have it and cost to ship to the USA (they don't actually list USA as one of the countries they ship to!)
Unsurprisingly, the reply from the Martin site was:
"Unfortunately, this spare part has been dropped and will therefore no longer be available. I regret the circumstances."

Dave G

Reaction score
In follow up, here's a photo of the 3232 1108 979 part for 1974 and on as installed in a 1969 steering column, and one without it. It pressed in nicely and offers a bit of resistance against coming out. There is a small gap between the hole in the cover and the rotating hub of the ignition switch but it should go unnoticed by most :-. The 3232 1105 071 version for cars up to 1974 would likely fit better if available. However, I presume it would need to have the whole expanded to be installed on a 1974 or later model car as others have mentioned.
1CAC1AC9-5FFB-4227-9345-1F12CE3E1C59.jpeg

CCF904F5-EB0E-41AA-8519-EF73927665FD.jpeg