Impulse sensor

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hullo , I am looking for an fuel impulse sensor for my E9 CSL , I have some issues with the injection and hope that this is the problem ,new would be great ,any sugestions?.Thanks, Mark

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are no new OEM trigger points left as far as I know. Not for BMW, Porsche or Mercedes.
You can use rebuilt, or find used good. Kits are available?
I have some in for rebuilding now if you are interested. I also have 1 last new one that I loan out for diagnostics.

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for responding, where would I buy a rebuild kit?
Thanks,Mark

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can you show me a picture of this thing? I don't know what it is to identify in my parts but may know it by sighting a pic.

If I have it, it'll be one of those things in the 'doohickie' section of the parts department.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hidden in the distributor

DF3E3B76-053E-44D8-8005-3C6F4C69726B.png

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I send in and have rebuilt.

Last I heard rebuild kits were 300.00+
I pay less for my guy to rebuild. So I don’t buy kits.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Hullo , I am looking for an fuel impulse sensor for my E9 CSL , I have some issues with the injection and hope that this is the problem ,new would be great ,any sugestions?.Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, have you looked at replacing distributor with 123 Ignition ? ....there's one for efi. Not sure if this will address your issue but a good upgrade neverthelsss.A guy in Melbourne sells them if you're interested.Cheers,Simon

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was concerned about the fuel impulse sensor , which my mechanic thought was the cause for the lack of throttle response , yesterday I talked to a local guy who rebuilds them and he looked at mine and said that it was fine?, In regards to the trigger points ,I did have a problem there, the gear at the bottom of the dizzy had been replaced, its held in place by a pin which is hammered in ,my shaft was bent when the pin was hammered , as a result the fuel injection was working on 3 cylinders , the shaft was straightend and tested and now I have 6 cylinders. I have a Petronix ignition . The computer has been tested. My car has been off the road since 86,so sitting that long probably has not helped ,all of the major mechanical bits have been rebuilt , I have new fuel lines , the fuel pressure has not been tested yet. I got pretty excited when it fired up and was running after 36 years , while rough , on 6 cylinders ,progress but slow. I am going to have a look at the throttle body ,apparantly there is a spring in there that can cause problems? the injectors have been tested.