In Search Of JRE Wunderbox

bavaria

Reaction score
I am looking for one of these. If anyone has one that they would like to sell please PM me.
See pictures for description. Thanks!

w2.jpg
w3.jpg
w1.jpg

w4.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There’s a guy on the 2002FAQ that makes a modern version of this if you can’t find one.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks like it connects to the diagnostic port on later model cars for testing of supported systems. I'm sure there were BMW tools out there somewhere that did the same thing, but probably were junked long ago.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have the one from the 2002faq, it reads voltage, rpm and dwell and can start and run the motor without the key in the ignition.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have 2 diagnostic ports on my 72MY E3. One near the front left of the cam cover and one on the left inner fender...

IMG_8394.JPG

IMG_8393.JPG

Which port do these aftermarket tools plug into?

What functions did each port originally measure?

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've heard anecdotally they were used in most cases by mechanics to start and shutdown the car remotely while working on it without having to worry about getting the interior dirty..

If you are hunting AND have a D-jet car, then you might as well hunt down the EFAW 228. That can actually tell you something.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I recently sourced all the old parts for the valve cover one, it reads the coil info and #1 spark plug for use with a timing light. It requires the double plug wire for the coil and the loop sensor for #1 plug.

img_8425-jpg.114934

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I did some research and could only come up with a BMW2002faq member Pat Allen who has come up with a Digital Plug-in Analizer.
I am still searching for the JRE Wunderbox.
Good Luck.