Injectors - which ones?

DJSimca

Reaction score
I noticed the other day that the rubber on my injectors looks a bit cracked .... so I started looking into potentially replacing all injectors.

Here's what I found however I need someone who has real experience with this topic to verify this information.

From what I understand the Bosch 0 280 150 043 injectors are stock for the CSi/CSiL (BMW no. 13 64 1 352 719)

As the 043 injectors are NLA there's fortunately a direct replacement 0 280 150 036 which according to this table http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm features the same specs.

Am I right so far?

Now here's the issue: I checked the injectors on my car and it turns out they are 0 280 150 035 which according to above list have completely different characteristics! I have no idea why my car is fitted with 035 injectors and not 043/036 injectors.

and the million dollar question is: what will happen if I replace my 035 injectors with 036 injectors which have different flow rates, different pressure etc.?

Will I have to readjust fuel pressure or perhaps completely readjust the engine (rolling road) ? .....

Any insight are much appreciated

pamp

Reaction score
Guns

I use the 036 injectors in my car. 30 psi rail pressure. The 043 is available, just expensive as hell. My A/F and plug reads are good. About the best one can do with D jet in my opinion. Others with stand alone EFI such as megasquirt can run lower flow rates. If you buy the 036 for say "1974 Volvo 164 E " make sure they are the pintle and not the disc style.

pamp

Reaction score
The 035 may not be bad....take out some plugs and that will tell the story....I would be interested in what you see....photo?