Inka CSi Project

rb1971

Reaction score
I've posted about my project from time to time on this site, and promised to provide a full write-up when the car is back on the road. Well, that probably won't be until early or mid May, but things are really starting to come together at this point. I thought the group here would be interested in this video, which was shot a few weeks ago when the engine was first fired up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94I2ovSGYDY

(Might want to turn your volume down, headers were open here.)

Before I do any kind of additional follow-up, special thanks to Andi and to Ben at La Jolla, who have provided a wealth of parts without which this process would have been much more difficult.

-John

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Damn! That's nice. I am doing ITB from an M5 mated to an M30B35; can you tell me about your air intake? Are you going stock or using a K&N type setup?

thanks,

Walt

rb1971

Reaction score
Damn! That's nice. I am doing ITB from an M5 mated to an M30B35; can you tell me about your air intake? Are you going stock or using a K&N type setup?

thanks,

Walt

This was probably the toughest thing to figure out about the swap. (Well, and what to do with the brakes.) My mechanic suggested that we build a custom pressurized air box that would sit between the plenum and the back of the headlight assembly, connected to a pipe running down to the intake behind the airdam. Sort of what Dinan used to do on the M roadster S54. Surprisingly this setup was not that expensive to engineer, but we had access to a really good local welder.