Inka Euro 1974 3.0CS 5-Speed - BAT

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guessing Inka will do better than Verona...

I think it looks quite nice, and the bare metal restoration photos look promising. I haven’t hit it with a fine tooth comb.

I would love to own a factory orange CS. I much prefer Colorado over Inka but I would take what I can get. I would never own a modern car orange but I plan to paint my car Colorado.

I suspect that when you own an outrageously painted e9, you secretly lust for a classy metallic like Polaris or Baikal.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks good so far, but the discoloration on the dash wood is odd. Also not a fan of the stitching on the gauge hood, but not a big deal.

1622566121849eaa7d5IMG_0169-scaled.jpg

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think it looks quite nice, and the bare metal restoration photos look promising. I haven’t hit it with a fine tooth comb.

I would love to own a factory orange CS. I much prefer Colorado over Inka but I would take what I can get. I would never own a modern car orange but I plan to paint my car Colorado.

I suspect that when you own an outrageously painted e9, you secretly lust for a classy metallic like Polaris or Baikal.

As the owner of an outrageously painted E9 I've never lusted for Polaris or Baikal :D

offpage

Site Donor
Reaction score

Right now, I lust after any e9. But I think I'll be pretty content with my Tundra when it arrives.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i should go look at this coupe ... never seen it here in atlanta. but i heard that it was at town and up at Alan's shop in Alpharetta. any work done there would be very well done.

Jon B

Reaction score
@HB Chris...

It's not correct to say that "Karmann built 100% of the e9s", as they did not build the engines, transmissions or rear axles, or manufacture many other components on the cars. I think it might be a good idea to clarify that remark, as many BaT followers are not very knowledgeable about these cars.

m5toureg

Reaction score
@HB Chris...

It's not correct to say that "Karmann built 100% of the e9s", as they did not build the engines, transmissions or rear axles, or manufacture many other components on the cars. I think it might be a good idea to clarify that remark, as many BaT followers are not very knowledgeable about these cars.
Let’s settle for ,body shell built and assembled’ by Karman - if even one of the signers
of the BMW Classic Certificate ,is in error’ - then really anybody is excused for a small
interpretation or lack of memory error……

peterinfla

Site Donor $
Reaction score
"Looks great, but why only $55k with 2 days left to bid"?

Maybe because all the serious bidders can plainly see that the four "clips" holding the inner front fenders to the outer front fenders are for some reason not yet installed? Nothing a little welding and painting can't fix. Who knows, maybe I need new glasses. :cool:

Christoph

Reaction score
Let’s settle for ,body shell built and assembled’ by Karman - if even one of the signers
of the BMW Classic Certificate ,is in error’ - then really anybody is excused for a small
interpretation or lack of memory error……
Agree with you and @HB Chris.
@Jon B has a point, too, if you are very picky.
Before:
It's not correct to say that "Karmann built 100% of the e9s", as they did not build the engines, transmissions or rear axles, or manufacture many other components on the cars.
True, but neither did BMW at Milbertshofen. The gearboxes e.g. for the E3 came from ZF, Getrag or Borg-Warner. The steering gear & differentials came from ZF, too. Seats came from various independent suppliers, wheels from Kronprinz, Pedrini (FPS) and others. Wiring looms, gauge panels, rear lights and so on were prefabricated parts.
But, and that is the picky part: Karmann did send some empty bodies to München for the Motorsport Coupés. So, in a way, they did not build 100 % of the E9.
Please don't take this too seriously.

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the seller of this car has made a mistake first teasing, then posting photos of the other 2 e9s he intends to sell on BAT?
The knowledge of this forum is amazing. Why has the value of E9s risen so much over the past couple of years? Is it in the same proportions for other classics?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The knowledge of this forum is amazing. Why has the value of E9s risen so much over the past couple of years? Is it in the same proportions for other classics?
Nope, the E9 has risen because people realize it has a cult following.
We are the cult followers, this forum is our church, and people that buy new BMWs are a deviant sect...