insurance?

all will restrict (me thinks)

Chicane, you are correct. All insurance companies offering insurance on classic/antique cars will restrict driving to varying degrees, Hagerty certainly not excepted. They certainly did not state to me "drive as much and wherever you want to". It seems Hagerty may be less restrictive and not as anal about these issues. I'm sure all companies consider the fact that most with classic cars are very careful while driving and also likely (for sure) have statistically less claims on these cars than "regular" autos.
psychrunner

another insurance company

I use Parish Heacock insurance which is part of the Great American Insurance Group. I get to drive 5,000 miles a year and my car is fully insured for an agreed upon price of $35,000. That's right $35,000 and it goes up 2% every quarter of the year.
$500k bodily injury / $100k property damage / $250k unisured mortorist / $1k medical payments. $500k each occurance for uninsured motorist & Bodily injury. Every thing here is in line with my family autos with AAA. All this costs me $379 a year. So isn't this what we all are really talking about? It's the coverage and agreed upon value and miles we can drive. Happy trails.

Re: another insurance company

I've been following this post since this is an issue that greatly concerns me. I currently have the coupe insured through AAA along with the rest of my cars and I can't get a stated value policy through them. I looked at specialty insurers, but I DO drive my car to work (almost daily) and log more than a couple thousand miles a year -- more like 12-15k. AAA says they'll cover it up to actual cash value -- whatever that is. I asked how they determine ACV and they say they'll work with me (yeah, right) to determine a value and will consider receipts, condition, etc. My plan is to get it appraised every so often and keep current pictures documenting the condition. Not ideal, but I haven't found a better solution yet considering the miles it gets driven.

Hi Folks,

Have my coupe insured with Haggerty for an agreed to value of $40k. My premium is $300 and all they wanted to be certain of was whether I had a daily driver and that the coupe
was garaged.

My thinking was to pay a bit of a higher premium in view of anticipated appreciation, and thinkgs I planned beyond my initial restoration.

Haggerty was a breeze to deal with...

Jeez, $30k, $40K! I am amazed at the values you guys are setting.

If I had mine insured for that much, I might be too tempted to have an "accident"... That much cash would buy me a lot of interesting toys.

I had mine appraised early last year for my State Farm insurance agent using his approved appraiser and I got a value of $36K. Now with the sell of the ceylon coupe for 46K a few monhs ago and a few BATS going for $100K plus prices are on the rise and you should be insured properly.

I think my premium is about $400/year for 250K/$500K with a $1000 deductable. The coverage covers the amount from the appraisal of $36K.

Also no one has chimed in about my previous question regarding claims.

Has anyone had a large claim with a antique car insurance company and were they critical about where you were driving and when? Also did they cover as well as you thought?

Thanks,

Shawn

Back