Interesting 2800CS on ebay

jmackro

Reaction score
There is a low mileage, 1971 2800 CS listed on ebay that seems to me like a good value. See: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200464059149&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

The car appears to be a European delivery CS, with sunroof and 4 speed. The seller claims it has only 77K miles, and that it is rust free. The location is Tustin, CA. The buy it now price is $14,500.

Anyone who is restoring a coupe might want to download some of the photos of this car for reference - for example, the underhood shots show decal placement quite well. In fact, anyone restoring a coupe should probably abandon their project and buy this car, because you couldn't begin to bring an e9 to this car's condition for anywhere close to $14.5K (ask me how I know).

Despite my enthusiasm for this car, I have no financial involvement, it's not my car, your mileage may vary, etc. etc.

Last edited:

TodB

Reaction score
2800cs

For those of you who lurk here and are looking to buy a coupe, this would be a good one to look at. It still needs to go through a proper PPI by someone who knows what to look for (rust), but if it is as good as it looks in the pics, it is priced very competitively and should be considered. It will not last long especially given its originality. My opinion.

And I have no invovlement with this cah either!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice car

I am not a big fan of Malaga, and there is no AC, but the price is right given the condition. Wish I had room in my garage for another.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is one clean coupe and would make someone very happy, hope it finds a home here. Jay and I could take a look at it.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Time Capsule

Under the hood could use some cleaning / detailing.. But otherwise as Chris says, this would be a good investment. I would think of this car as a time capsule.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Frustrating that with the good fotos (good for eBay that is) that every single one "cuts off" at all the ready-to-spot rust locations, except just a hint of the drivers front upper fender seam between the strut bearing and the bulkhead..that one doesn't look tight to me at all. No mention of the prang to the body above the tailite...even though they mentioned the tailite damage and bumper damage.

Still, the condition of the car is tough to pass up as a car that could be driven "unrestored" ...is the price on-spot for a 2800?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just for fun I have contacted the seller and am waiting for a reply and hope to see it tomorrow. I am partial to Malaga and will report back in case anyone here is interested.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jay and I spent over an hour looking at this coupe. Very original, all docs from original sale, shipment to US, service thru `97. Wonderful trunk, dash, wood, chrome, recent repaint above belt trim, new tires. Engine bay needs some love along with wheels and dent below tail light and above kindey. With new carpets, leather seats, headliner, struts, brake check, tune and carb rebuild it would make somone very happy. I can answer any questions tomorrow.

p.s. Ran contacted the seller, he has been advised!