International postage. Never again.

mr bump

Reaction score
I cannot belive how a s**mbag in danillia australia has just conned me out of £435 for a tool tray. its arrived in perfect condition, then i get an email to say it was damaged, he signed for it goods received in perfect condition, I got a full tracking readout from the courier company, no damage incured in transit, now i have to pay him the money back and am left with a damaged tray and out of pocket. I know that tray was deliverd in great condition, the way i packaged it, a bomb wouldnt have damaged it. a member on here has said hes dropped it and then made out it was damaged!!!

Never again am i going to post anything international, ive got 1 csl, and 3 cs coupes complete to break aswell. Ahwell, lets hope theres enough in england that want the bits eh!

mr angry at being conned.

Simufly

Reaction score
damage

why do you have to pay him back? If he signed for it in perfect condition thats his problem.

The Don

Reaction score
Agreed. If he signed for it as ok it should be down to him.

If an eBay sale, raise a concern against him, if a forum member .... Well it couldn't be.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can't believe a tool tray sold for 435 pounds. I am going to admire mine tonight. Sorry for the loss but I am dependent on international shipping through the post office.

fredp

Reaction score
Hard to feel sorry for you Mr Bump, after spending 6 months trying to get you to send the dash parts you promised to sell me, you told me to find my own carrier as you no longer had time. You then refused to give me any details on parcel size or pickup area.
It would appear that what goes around comes around.

To counter any upcoming flaming anyone who wishes to see all the communications in my attempt to get mr bump to honour his promise is welcome to see them.

mr bump

Reaction score
Hard to feel sorry for you Mr Bump, after spending 6 months trying to get you to send the dash parts you promised to sell me, you told me to find my own carrier as you no longer had time. You then refused to give me any details on parcel size or pickup area.
It would appear that what goes around comes around.

To counter any upcoming flaming anyone who wishes to see all the communications in my attempt to get mr bump to honour his promise is welcome to see them.

Thank you for that fred, its hard to feel sorry for me because i didnt sell and send you dash parts to sydney?.....just remind me where sydney is again??? the postage was 3 times the price of the dash, and back then i wasent keen on sending parcels to austrailia, now i can see why eh. But many thanks for your comments,its nice to know that over 600 years of long distant relatives half way round the world hasent changed.....oh, and best of luck finding a dash eh.

mr bump

Reaction score
Agreed. If he signed for it as ok it should be down to him.

If an eBay sale, raise a concern against him, if a forum member .... Well it couldn't be.
There was no insurence offerd, and none was requested, and paypal found in his favour, the moment he contacted me, you just could tell he knew the paypal claim system very very well from his emails, like he had done it before. but i suppose il just have to bite the bullet and put it down to experience.........Conmen eh!

But if anyone wnats to avoid this person, i have his name and area he lives in, so when sending out to australia, check to see if its safe.

By no means does my experience tarnish good aussie people, its just one bad apple ive come across.

fredp

Reaction score
As you never got round to giving me a postage charge, I was never able to make the decision whether or not it was too much, thanks for making that decision for me.

I do know where Sydney is, I live here.

And by the way, it's 220 years we've been here, not 600.

fredp

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I did find another dash, thanks for asking, from a very helpful chap in England who had no problem sending it to Australia. And for a total cost less than your original offer.

gmad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Whenever I come across a spat like this on the internet, I find myself automatically taking the side of the person who can spell.