Ireland Engineering Headers

James

Reaction score
Anyone running these headers? 1 5/8" primary into 2" collectors. Ireland Engineering's M30 "Street/Track" header. My plans to restore my car to stock form have changed, so now I get to have a little fun with things :razz:. Its a 73 3.0, and I'm planning triple 40s, a mild-ish cam, and headers.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
based on things that Jere Stahl told me a couple of years ago when we did the Stahl group buy ... his considered opinion was that a 1.5" header on an m30 was too big for anything less than a significant fire breather. he said 1 5/8" was a full race header where the engine needed to run consistently high in the revs.

there are more knowledgeable people on this subject than me ... but if you look back at the discussion that we had back then, there were some calculation formulas that kind of proved this out.

scott

James

Reaction score
based on things that Jere Stahl told me a couple of years ago when we did the Stahl group buy ... his considered opinion was that a 1.5" header on an m30 was too big for anything less than a significant fire breather. he said 1 5/8" was a full race header where the engine needed to run consistently high in the revs.

there are more knowledgeable people on this subject than me ... but if you look back at the discussion that we had back then, there were some calculation formulas that kind of proved this out.

scott

Got it. Thanks. Will look that up. I like the sub $500 price and it being made fairly locally to me, however, I've made the mistake of going too big with exhaust before (ie my Porsche 944S) and was disappointed and felt like an idiot.