Is anyone going to Copperstate 1000 April 6-10

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Planning on going to this rally. Anyone else? https://mensartscouncil.com/copperstate-1000/about-the-event/

ED97B5BB-16E2-4C23-9B00-B2ED1D74581C.JPG

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not going on tour I will just come down to look at the cars. Only have 200 miles on my car and don't feel comfortable with it yet. We can always meet for a bite, beer or both

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
After telling me they were all filled up, a spot just opened up, so I think I am going, BUT wondering if anyone knows of a good body shop that can fix my roof and some other minor issues. Ideally, I could leave the car in Tucson or even Las Vegas and fly home, and return to pick it up at a later date.

Thanks much.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, I might be able to make a spot in my storage garage for you in Tucson if needed... are you looking for a shop in either Tucson or Vegas?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, I might be able to make a spot in my storage garage for you in Tucson if needed... are you looking for a shop in either Tucson or Vegas?
I have a contact in Las Vegas for a body shop together with someone who can check out the tuning on the carburetors, etc. that is willing to help me out. I think I have this sorted, but I’ll check back here if needed. Thanks so much.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No worries... Tucson is a bit of a black hole for classic car service but a great place to drive one.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this next year... starting form Tucson, I have no excuse not to make it happen... now I just have to get a car ready. Enjoy the ride and post some pics please.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
You can leave it with me But I can't provide covered parking. It would be in my enclosed yard I can put you in contact with Chris Kohler who is literally a genius on the older cars

Attachments

• IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 33

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
You can leave it with me But I can't provide covered parking. It would be in my enclosed yard I can put you in contact with Chris Kohler who is literally a genius on the older cars
Wow. That would be awesome. Going to send you a DM to exchange information.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Bert Poliakoff great to meet you yesterday, and thanks for letting me leave MY BABY with you when I return to be shipped home. Car handled like a champ driving almost 1000 miles in two days, with no co-pilot, stopping only for gas and to sleep 1 night, all the way from Ketchum, Idaho. Took about 2 quarts of oil and averaged about 15-18 mpg. I sure wish I had a 5 speed, as 80 miles an hour droned on for hours. Looking forward to the rally starting tomorrow. Some amazing vintage cars here.

Attachments

• IMG_4068.jpeg
    IMG_4068.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4027.jpeg
    IMG_4027.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4005.jpeg
    IMG_4005.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4075.jpeg
    IMG_4075.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4059.png
    IMG_4059.png
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 25

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, lucky you to be doing this event. It’s on my bucket list for when I retire.

if you see a guy and his lady in a light yellow 1960’s corvette coupe (#39), say hi (my BFF racing pal Mike Kaleel). I think the 2 of you will hit it off.

If I were going, I could tune your carbs during the event, Alas, this event is still a few years down the road for me.

John Feng

Last edited: