Is possible to buy a new 15A overcurrent switch?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,

Is possible to buy such a switch (I know it is with the frame on the pic below) new or only old, used?

1641853422144.png

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Kryzsztof - are you looking for one that looks just like this one, or functions in a similar way?

There are probably small letters and numbers and whatnot on the switch somewhere. Do you have pictures of the back and sides?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Kryzsztof - are you looking for one that looks just like this one, or functions in a similar way?

There are probably small letters and numbers and whatnot on the switch somewhere. Do you have pictures of the back and sides?
Thanks for info.

I was trying to look using the numbers. I have only pictures. I do not have the part in my hand.

It was also used in E12 and early E23/E24.

My goal is to have a retrofit kit for electric windows for the E9.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
You will need to find a used one.

Thanks for info.

That's what I'm expecting.

There're some at eBay.

I think this is the right type for E9's from the last production runs or? And there were two coming under the knee panel.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Knowing German car maker they might have been used in other cars from that times like MB ... still looking for

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for info.

That's what I'm expecting.

There're some at eBay.

I think this is the right type for E9's from the last production runs or? And there were two coming under the knee panel.
Mid Feb/Mar 1973 and on with improved motors on the e9.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks,

I suspect it is that one, also in use in early E24 (as the switches are)

1641937148636.png

Maybe someone can point the source of the switches.
I have seen BMW was using a lot of them during Calder CSL restoration. Just wondering they have NOS or just buy some on eBay :D

1641937390164.png

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
E-T-A is still making circuit breakers that appear to be very similar to the ones you are seeking. I would see if searching for an E-T-A part rather than a BMW part helps:

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting.

They look like Home & Office usage once they are off the car.

frogisland

Reaction score
These are closer to what you want - with or without manual release. Its what i have in the e9 race car. (-H variant with the manual release BTW)

Specified as per below, but note ETA have a minimum order size.

2-5000-H-P10-15A - with manual release
2-5000-P10-15A - without manual release

Re your original post, i do have some of the original BMW circuit breakers if you want them. No use to me, and can post them on. Will have a look at what i have.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you for stepping in. It looks very similar.

Do you know what MOQ were, once You've been purchasing?

frogisland

Reaction score
When i say 'have' i meant 'have but for the life of me don't know where they are!'. I have the 2x 8amp ones but i can't find the 2x 15amp ones!

You are welcome to those 2x 8 amp ones.

1641990418933.png

1641990393201.png

frogisland

Reaction score
Snapshot from my order a couple of years back. As long as you are ordering 10-12 they appeared ok to mix the 10 pieces per part number. (those price would be +vat)

1641990880475.png

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Krsysztof - I would grab those from frogisland. Even if you find the electrical parts, you are going to need the plastic mounting hardware he is offering.

I checked my three favorite US electrical component suppliers - Digikey, Newark and Mouser. They all carry the 2-5000s, but none of them have stock.

If you search for the 2-5000 in Newark, they reference the 2-5700. They have four 2-5700s in stock.

From the data sheet, they are the same size and electrically similar. The 5700 lack the manual release, so you have to push to release and then push to reset. And the 5700 is designed to mount using a nut over a threaded shaft around the button. Nonetheless, it appears to me that the 5700 will work in place of the 5000, assuming you can get it mounted. (and per the data sheet, ATE makes a mounting plate). Data sheet is here:

https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/56051.pdf

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
When i say 'have' i meant 'have but for the life of me don't know where they are!'. I have the 2x 8amp ones but i can't find the 2x 15amp ones!

You are welcome to those 2x 8 amp ones.

Thanks for the offer. I'm wondering 15A for electric windows is expected.

Chris is right the brackets are also important part.

I will PM you than.