Italvolante Ati-3 Steering Wheel 380mm

RogerB

Reaction score
I have the real deal early Motorsports ATI1 for sale for $1K plus shipping. Recovered by Alan Gun years ago and never mounted.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the real deal early Motorsports ATI1 for sale for $1K plus shipping. Recovered by Alan Gun years ago and never mounted.

I presume that those are the pre-restored photos because the $1K wheel shown above is falling apart. If you have one for sale, you should include photos of the restored wheel in a new FS thread. At that price point I hope that Alan did a fantastic job. As @JohnP_02 's photos highlight, the Italvolanti has some pretty funky stitch work on the rim and especially the spokes. I'm a big proponent of bringing damaged wheels back to life. With that said, I have no illusions that a recovered wheel in fantastic shape is worth more than an original in good shape.

RogerB

Reaction score
Bite me! You sound like the self proclaimed CSL expert on here! For those interested, ignore this dig, because the wheel is in excellent shape. PM me if interested.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bite me! You sound like the self proclaimed CSL expert on here!

1. I see now that the first picture is the restored version. So your wheel is not falling apart. It's confusing because the before and after are on the identical lovely pillow atop a golf CSL hood.
2. You are violating forum etiquette by piling onto an existing classified posting
3. I stand by my comments on the price point. I don't normally comment on FS pricing, but this isn't your FS thread is it?
4. Personal attacks violate forum rules.
5. I suggest that you start referring to the "self proclaimed CSL epxert on here" that "sabatoged" your CSL sale by name. There are a handful of incredible CSL experts on this forum that visit infrequently, and uninformed members may associate your claim to the wrong individual.

RogerB

Reaction score
It is in excellent shape and for sale! I don’t have to sell it or really care. Just offering it to interested parties! I could care less what you say about me! I am 75 years old and have many knowledgable friends in my 20-30 years of coupe ownership. Have a nice day and God bless!

P.S The three pictures were taken at the same time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
P.S The three pictures were taken at the same time.

Hence the confusion. What violent event occurred between pic #1 and pic#2 that caused the leather to crack and split at the seam? Do you really feel that pic #2 represents a wheel in excellent condition? I know that you don’t care, but my question is genuine.

Pic #1
06DFBD9E-37EE-40F8-A330-A34382C14A9D.jpeg

Pic #2
564D73ED-F734-4A51-B3E2-5796BBC9E5CA.jpeg

RogerB

Reaction score
Hence the confusion. What violent event occurred between pic #1 and pic#2 that caused the leather to crack and split at the seam? Do you really feel that pic #2 represents a wheel in excellent condition? I know that you don’t care, but my question is genuine.

Pic #1
View attachment 47542

Pic #2
View attachment 47541

My apologies! One of my other wheels apparently got into the post. One recovered and one not. End of my responses to this subject.

Attachments

• F6E7EB9B-2D19-44BB-81E5-D8392050FB5A.jpeg
    F6E7EB9B-2D19-44BB-81E5-D8392050FB5A.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited: