Jack and lugnut wrench location on 3.0 Si

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm trying to lay out the jack and lugnut wrench but even looking at my pre-restoration pictures, the wrench location doesn't feel right to me.

Does anyone have any pictures showing how the trunk layout?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
ahh, I have always wondered about this too. In the excitement of starting my restoration 4 years ago, I pulled everything out of the rusty trunk and violated the rule of keeping track of where everything goes. Most times things are intuitive,but not this. Thanks in advance.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Luis,

From your introduction post on this e3:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 151

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Chris thanks yes I have that picture but even though it looks on the picture like the wrench sits okay it fits awkwardly in my opinion. It doesn't quite get clamped down by the bracket. I'd like to see from someone else if this is really how it came from the factory.

DerSchwede

Reaction score
Good morning gents,

I took a few pictures showing the trunk in my Si. This should be the original position AFAIK.

Attachments

• E3 trunk 1.jpg
    E3 trunk 1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 142

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good morning gents,

I took a few pictures showing the trunk in my Si. This should be the original position AFAIK.
Thanks. Clearly different. Maybe it's a US-Europe or a model year thing. Mine would be impossible to lay out like that given the studs placement and the type of bracket on mine.